Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2016 7:16:33 PM EDT
I've shot shotguns since I was 8, but have always shot family shotguns.  I am currently looking for my own, as I am 1000 miles away from the others.  Been looking at a Beretta A300, 11-87, v3, 930, M3000 etc, but an M1 popped up in the next city. Only wants in a shotgun are target to 3" buck shot capable, and a decent trigger.  Is the M1 something I should go look at?
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 7:38:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I run an m1 s90, great gun.  Make sure that you clean it well.  I can use cheap ammo as well as expensive with issues.

M1s are used in 3 gun.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 9:05:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Good gun, especially if its a good deal!
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 9:10:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I've heard great things on the m1.

I've owned a super black eagle since 97 and it's a great shotgun

Watch your thumb with the shell lifter/loading gate.  It's quite painful but they make a fix for it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 9:31:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

What would be a good deal?

Link Posted: 5/26/2016 7:21:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would depend on several factors like is it a tactical or sporting model, condition, what kind of mods have been done (not all mods increase value). HK imported ones bring more too because of HK fanboys.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 11:33:49 AM EDT
[#6]
You'd be doing yourself a disservice to not entertain a Benelli.  They're worth the price IMHO.  A used M1 should be reasonably priced.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 11:37:52 AM EDT
[#7]
benelli super black eagle ($1100) or sbeII would be my first choice.
remington 870 is another solid performer. ($400-$500)

if I'm buying any of the M series from Benelli, it'll be the M4 ($1500)
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 7:40:09 PM EDT
[#8]
No reply yet on the price
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 10:25:55 PM EDT
[#9]
What variant?
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:56:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

(or do you mean by the guy posting it "in the next city"?)
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 9:20:57 AM EDT
[#11]
around here a standard M1 with a bird barrel is bringing around $600-800 depending on condition. IF you shop around some of the really larger gun shops will sometimes have a big sale and you can pick up a new M2 for under a grand.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 9:31:30 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The second.  I sent a message last week and still haven't heard back.  Oh well.

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 2:12:19 PM EDT
[#13]
If you plan on shooting 3" buck through an M1S90 (recoil operated) I would recommend replacing the hard rubber factory butt pad with a Limbsaver. Can't recall the model number right off the top of my head but it's not listed on their website you would have to call or email them.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 3:41:08 PM EDT
[#14]
If you're dead set on buying new, I've been impressed by the Inertia operated Stoegers.  My dad has owned the S2000 Model for about 10 years and the only problem we've seen so far is the ejector getting lose.  Replaced it and the Stoeger was back in action.  They're Turkish made, but, owned by the Beretta Group.  We broke the S2000 in like all the Benellis:  A case of mixed high brass 2 3/4" and 3" loads followed by a full break down, cleaning and lube. It runs the cheap Walmart mousefart target loads like a champ now.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 4:36:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If you're dead set on buying new, I've been impressed by the Inertia operated Stoegers.  My dad has owned the S2000 Model for about 10 years and the only problem we've seen so far is the ejector getting lose.  Replaced it and the Stoeger was back in action.  They're Turkish made, but, owned by the Beretta Group.  We broke the S2000 in like all the Benellis:  A case of mixed high brass 2 3/4" and 3" loads followed by a full break down, cleaning and lube. It runs the cheap Walmart mousefart target loads like a champ now.
View Quote

Benelli owns Stoeger.
it's the Benelli design that they use (that's why they've impressed you.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 5:31:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Benelli owns Stoeger.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Benelli owns Stoeger.

Beretta (the oldest manufacturing company in the world) owns Benelli, Stoeger, Uberti , Burris Optics and others.

The Stoeger inertia guns use a similar technology as the Benelli inertia guns, but the parts (both in design and quality) are different. The Stoeger M3000 is a great gun for the money, but its no Benelli M2.

Get the a Benelli M2 or SBE if you can swing it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top