Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2016 8:59:06 PM EDT
I have a 500 flex, 18in barrel 6 shot.  I'm looking to upgrade to either an 8 or 9 shot. I like this kit from brownells but I never seem to catch it in stock.  Is there somewhere else I can buy something like this or is it something I can piece together??

An help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 9:01:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have a 500 flex, 18in barrel 6 shot.  I'm looking to upgrade to either an 8 or 9 shot. I like this kit from brownells but I never seem to catch it in stock.  Is there somewhere else I can buy something like this or is it something I can piece together??

An help would be appreciated.
View Quote

Maybe Aimpro or Havlin Sales. You can try Mossberg direct if you have a part number for the kit. They are often cheaper than their retailers. Guys on Mossberg forums may be able to help you with a part number too.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 12:23:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree Mossberg direct is usually the least expensive, but they require seeing a gunsmith certificate for some of their parts. They also do not publish parts lists, although they use them in-house.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 7:54:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Tried eBay?

Always something on there.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 11:09:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tried eBay?

Always something on there.
View Quote

Gotta be careful though, alot of the Mossberg parts houses on Ebay are gouging with their prices.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 7:10:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes. But if it's the only one around and you want it. You'll pay.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 9:09:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I think if you shop around you can find a 9 shot 500 used for what this conversion will run you. 87% of the time the correct answer on arfcom is:  (c) Get both!
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 8:09:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I contacted brownells and they said that the kit may be available in the middle to end of may.  And I called Mossberg and to piece it together through them it will cost about the same as it would for a used 500, like you said.  I'm just going to keep an eye out for something to come up, maybe ill end up trading or buying another 500/590
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:28:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I just turned my new pistol grip Mossberg persuader parkerized with heat shield  20in barrel 8 shot into a NON NFA and I'm thinking about selling the whole front end and if you are interested in it just let me know. the front end has never been fired or had a shell in it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:26:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks, I think one of my buddies is going to buy mine and I'm going to upgrade to a 590a1.  I appreciate the offer tho.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top