Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2016 10:30:18 PM EDT
I found this Remington 31 at the right price.  It he already been cut down to 24" with some ugly compensator installed, so it made a perfect candidate for a retro riot gun.  Original Remington 31 riot guns go for a lot of money and are pretty scarce, I have less than $400 in this one to include the cut down, new bead, and threading for Tru-Chokes.  Steve Rose at Rose Action Sports had quick turn around on shipping th finished barrel back to me.  Only thing left I want to do is fit a flat butt plate to the stock.

If you've never experienced a Remington 31, you owe it to yourself.  It's the smoothest pump gun I've ever used.  

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 10:52:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Gorgeous. When was the 31 in production in relation to the 870?
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 11:13:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Very cool
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 11:27:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Very cool. I doubt I would have threaded it for choke tubes but it's certainly more versatile that way.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:30:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gorgeous. When was the 31 in production in relation to the 870?
View Quote

30's to 50's (production stopped in 1949 but I've heard they assembled and sold guns into the 1950's) Meant to compete with Winnie Model 12.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 8:23:50 AM EDT
[#5]
This particular M31 was made in 1946.  Yes, production ended in 1949, right before the 870 came out.  Every part on this thing is machined- no stamped steel.  No telling what it would cost to produce this gun today.  

I wasn't going to get it threaded for chokes to keep it more period correct.  But, I'm planning on using this for a little retro 3 gun, and I've shot enough matches and seen guys with CYL struggle- so practicality ruled the day.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 9:48:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I wasn't going to get it threaded for chokes to keep it more period correct.  But, I'm planning on using this for a little retro 3 gun, and I've shot enough matches and seen guys with CYL struggle- so practicality ruled the day.

View Quote

That makes sense.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top