Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2016 5:27:25 PM EDT

I'm sure this has been before, any suggestions on what might fit as a butt pad once this is done to an 870 stock? Is there something out there that can be screwed on and fit flush? Or am I stuck with the over molded wrap type pad?
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 5:39:16 PM EDT
[#1]
pretty sure limbsaver makes the grindable/sandable pads for just such a project.

eta: yep link

I almost went this route for my 590a1 but ended up opting for a youth stock from the factory
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 5:43:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
pretty sure limbsaver makes the grindable/sandable pads for just such a project.

eta: yep link

I almost went this route for my 590a1 but ended up opting for a youth stock from the factory
View Quote

Yup that's what I was going to suggest, buy a youth model stock and your set
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 6:04:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Youth model sounds like a decent option, saves me the mess of cleaning all the dust up.

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 9:47:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Just about any rubber pad can be cut to fit by a gunsmith.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 1:14:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Will the youth stock fit an 870 P?
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 3:20:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Will the youth stock fit an 870 P?
View Quote

Yes if its an 870 youth stock for a large received gun. The stock off the smaller framed 20 gauge will not work.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:05:42 PM EDT
[#7]
OP is you can find a youth stock that fits and is teh LOP you want go that route.  I just put wood on my 20" 590 and cut the LOP by about 1.5"  I used a grind to fit Limbsaver. pad whic was wnderful but getting the cut straight was a challenge and the recoil pad grinding was a dirty pita.  I am happy with my result but in hindsight if I were to do it again I would get a youth stock and Limbsaver that was made for the youth stock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top