Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2015 1:44:03 PM EDT
I finally got my M4 off layaway. Its used but appears to have seen little if any use, looks new inside and out.
I never noticed when I got it, but the serial number on the barrel and receiver do not match.
Receiver starts with "Y058..." and the one on the barrel starts with "TM....". (Don't have them in front of me)
Is this normal or should they match if original combination?

Second question is on adjustable stocks. I see the Benelli OEM ones for sale everywhere. Has anyone tried the ProMag version of it? Supposed to be a copy of the OEM yet is USA made for 922r.
Are these any good? ProMag M4 stock
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:58:51 PM EDT
[#1]
The serial numbers will not match between the barrel and the receiver.

Everyone I have spoken to who has used the Promag stock is that it is a poor reproduction of the OEM one. Some have made it better by swapping out internal parts with OEM ones, but your mileage may vary. You'd be better off with a OEM one and collecting US made parts elsewhere.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:09:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Another vote for the OEM stock.  They are cheaper than they have been in the past and readily available right now too.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:22:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys for the info on the stock and numbers. I guess I'll go OEM if I decide to change it. I pulled the original to check the receiver extension and it has the correct one for a 3 position stock.
I ordered the carrier comp tube, follower and spring as well as a Geissele hammer, DMW safety and a GG&G bolt release. I'll probably get all that done and use it for awhile before deciding on the stock.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 6:26:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Where are you seeing the stocks being available?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:25:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

All over Gunbroker for $250 NIB.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:11:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

This guy is good to go.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:20:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Good choices on aftermarket parts. They're the exact ones I pick on my builds.

I agree that is an excellent source for the OEM collapsible stocks. God bless his uncle Guido from Italy or wherever the hell he gets them from.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 5:58:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I am looking into a M4. Forgive me if this is a complete retard question, I haven't been able to find buffer tube specs yet. Will the M4 buffer tube not accept a magpul mil spec or comm spec stock.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:08:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I am looking into a M4. Forgive me if this is a complete retard question, I haven't been able to find buffer tube specs yet. Will the M4 buffer tube not accept a magpul mil spec or comm spec stock.
View Quote

The Benelli M4 is a shotgun, not an actual M4 carbine. It doesn't accept any type of M4 carbine stock.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:19:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I understand it's not a M4 Carbine. Just didn't know other than angle if you could slide a magpul or something similar on the buffer tube.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:24:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I really didn't think it'd be that easy but hadn't seen anyone say anything about it.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:56:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I understand it's not a M4 Carbine. Just didn't know other than angle if you could slide a magpul or something similar on the buffer tube.
View Quote

You can not.  It is vastly different.  

On the Benelli It is not a 'buffer tube' like on an AR.  The Benelli is probably less than half the diameter of an AR tube.  I'd need to go look to make sure.

AR:

Benelli M4:
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 2:14:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks, appreciate the information.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 2:59:57 PM EDT
[#14]
benelliparts.net

Guy is legit, he's member of Benelli Forums and sells on Gunbroker also
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top