Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2015 9:12:57 PM EDT
Just now getting back into the shotgun scene and I got a Mossberg 500 (smooth bore). I have been looking at some HD ammo, slugs and buck. As far as the slugs go, does anyone have any experiences with the two pictured? My gun has a little down time due to the barrel being sent back to Mossberg so before I run a few down range I thought I would ask about them. Thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:30:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I really like the reduced recoil Federal standard slug. The truball is new and I think its an improvement from everything I've seen and read. I have only used the full power Brenneke slugs for hunting and they are top notch for that. I can't help but think the reduced recoil would be excellent for defense. Given the two choices, I would see what shoots best for you and go with that.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:34:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:55:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:29:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I do not use slugs for HD but have used the Federal slugs for range use.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:12:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:38:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I do not use slugs for HD but have used the Federal slugs for range use.
View Quote

I have a couple rounds of Tru-Ball on the gun but it's loaded with OO Buck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top