Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2015 7:48:45 PM EDT
So im going to a 1-4 on my AR and I was thinking with my aimpoint Pro which I don't want to sell I could move it to my pump gun and sight it in with some bear stopper slugs. Is there any flawed logic in this? I fogured the Aimpoint can take the recoil of heavy Brenneke slugs. What sight rail is easy to install for people who are not gunsmiths? What distance ought I sight in at?
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:41:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a $12 BSA red dot on my 500A1 for years.  It never lost zero.  I'm quite confident a PRO will be fine.  I had mine sighted at 25 yards and used those green hulled Remington Sluggers.  I was very satisfied all around.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 9:11:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had a $12 BSA red dot on my 500A1 for years.  It never lost zero.  I'm quite confident a PRO will be fine.  I had mine sighted at 25 yards and used those green hulled Remington Sluggers.  I was very satisfied all around.
View Quote

Did you shoot any further than 25 yards? I kind of want to see how well it can shoot at 100 or so.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 9:26:09 PM EDT
[#3]
M2 was too big, then went to a RX-01, and then a FastFire in their wing mount which is perfect.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 9:27:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Did you shoot any further than 25 yards? I kind of want to see how well it can shoot at 100 or so.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Out to 50, yes.  Never further though.  No room where I was at the time.  But the slugs hit in nearly the same spot every time at that range.  I've never been a shotgunner so I was just impressed that at those ranges a shotgun was just as repeatable as a rifle. And that the BSA didn't crap out.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:48:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Look up reviews on which ones hold up to recoil.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top