Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2015 9:50:20 PM EDT
Just picked up a used Affinity Sporting and I'm looking for a case to carry it.  I'm trying to find something like a 'discrete bag' to carry the shotgun broken down (and strapped in place via Velcro is the goal) with probably a pocket for chokes, wrench, snake, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?  It's a 30 inch barrel so I'm figuring a 32in case would be perfect.

Also, does anyone have a shotgun using the Benelli Mobil choke tube system?  I'm looking at aftermarket extended tubes and really don't know what I should be looking for in brands and such.  Are there any from which I need to steer clear?
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 5:26:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just picked up a used Affinity Sporting and I'm looking for a case to carry it.  I'm trying to find something like a 'discrete bag' to carry the shotgun broken down (and strapped in place via Velcro is the goal) with probably a pocket for chokes, wrench, snake, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?  It's a 30 inch barrel so I'm figuring a 32in case would be perfect.

Also, does anyone have a shotgun using the Benelli Mobil choke tube system? I'm looking at aftermarket extended tubes and really don't know what I should be looking for in brands and such.  Are there any from which I need to steer clear?
View Quote

Look HERE for a good assortment of choke tubes
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 4:35:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also, does anyone have a shotgun using the Benelli Mobil choke tube system? I'm looking at aftermarket extended tubes and really don't know what I should be looking for in brands and such.  Are there any from which I need to steer clear?

Look HERE for a good assortment of choke tubes

Carlson's are decent chokes, and competitively priced.  

I also like Ballistic Specialties and Briley.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:24:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I came across the Carlson tubes, they seemed like a very good value but was interested in first hand experience.  Thanks! I will have to check all of these out... any pros or cons between makers that jump out to you?
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:42:20 PM EDT
[#4]
How dialed in do you want to be?  Get your bore measured. Then order the exact chokes you need based on your actual bore diameter from Ballistic Specialties.

I am not knocking you or your gun but Carlson will probably be just fine.  If I want an extra tube for field use I will grab a Carlson, otherwise I prefer BS and Briley.  Beretta, Benelli, Franchi, all the same thing really and their OEM tubes are better then most.  Jus get yourself set up with the chokes you don't have yet and go from there.

Ask yourself this, are you OK with spending 300-$400 just on tubes?
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:47:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:36:37 AM EDT
[#6]
That's pretty cool!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top