Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2015 10:51:57 AM EDT
It looks funny but will my Shotgun kill itself if the mag extension is this forward for the muzzle? It measures 12 inchs from the end of the muzzle

It will should hold 14 shells now. I ordered this for my 3 gun comps but do you think I should return it to midway and get a +6 or +5 which will only extend a few inches over the muzzle rather than a foot with the +9. I also think I may have problems with the dump bucket too. Advise?

Link Posted: 9/25/2015 11:03:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I shoot with a guy who recently set a world record for the most trap targets shot in an hour.  He did it with a rotation of 30 semi auto shotguns, all of which had magazine extensions that allowed 16 shots.

Here is a highlight video, in case you are interested.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fd4wpuc1-OY

The pattern does not open up enough to hit the extension.   I shot a couple of the guns, and they are very nose heavy when fully loaded, which changes as the magazine empties.  

I don't shoot 3 gun; what is a dump bucket?
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 11:17:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I shoot with a guy who recently set a world record for the most trap targets shot in an hour.  He did it with a rotation of 30 semi auto shotguns, all of which had magazine extensions that allowed 16 shots.

The pattern does not open up enough to hit the extension.   I shot a couple of the guns, and they are very nose heavy when fully loaded, which changes as the magazine empties.  

View Quote

Thanks for the info and the video!
A dump bucket is the place where you basically throw down (safe on or empty chamber) your shotgun after its used in the stage. Some buckets have padding but others are basically just a big 50 gallon drum with no padding or anything. Its very quickly done and I have a feeling my tube might suffer from it or my time will.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 11:17:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Dump bucket is what you toss your shotgun into when you're done with that area of the competition.

OP I'd be very careful putting it in there, otherwise it might get damaged by a "toss" into the dump bucket.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 11:23:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Dump bucket is what you toss your shotgun into when you're done with that area of the competition.

OP I'd be very careful putting it in there, otherwise it might get damaged by a "toss" into the dump bucket.
View Quote

this is off topic but SOMT did you see my new update on the san tan tactical upper. I finally got the dust cover pin out
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 12:08:19 PM EDT
[#5]
No I didn't I actually thought you abandoned the thread haha

Got a link?

Regarding the dump bucket. Do they allow you to toss them in muzzle up? I figure not but I've never participated in a 3gun so I'm unsure. If so then that would be ideal so you don't damage the tube.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 12:28:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Honestly, a drum mag conversion would make more sense than that donkey dong hanging off the front.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 12:54:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Honestly, a drum mag conversion would make more sense than that donkey dong hanging off the front.
View Quote

How is he going to show his dominance with a drum mag?
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 12:55:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Got a link?

Regarding the dump bucket. Do they allow you to toss them in muzzle up? I figure not but I've never participated in a 3gun so I'm unsure. If so then that would be ideal so you don't damage the tube.
View Quote

Here you go.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_66/681264_Anyone_know_how_to_remove_this_ejection_port_dust_cover__.html

I think I would be told to go home if I put the muzzle up in the dump barrel (bucket)
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 1:10:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

A dump bucket is the place where you basically throw down (safe on or empty chamber) your shotgun after its used in the stage. Some buckets have padding but others are basically just a big 50 gallon drum with no padding or anything. Its very quickly done and I have a feeling my tube might suffer from it or my time will.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah.  Yeah, depending on the height and construction of the dump bucket, I can see it taking a bit longer to maneuver that long of a gun into one.  And the magazine might not stay straight after repeated drops.

Link Posted: 9/25/2015 1:30:35 PM EDT
[#10]
If you get a longer bbl, you could add tube/bbl locks to reinforce the tube, and then it would hold up to the dump bucket test better.  It would also allow attachment of a bayonet, which would also solve the dump bucket problem.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 1:55:19 PM EDT
[#11]
No, but you may have gone 'too' far...

Looks like a lot of fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 2:05:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Here you go.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_66/681264_Anyone_know_how_to_remove_this_ejection_port_dust_cover__.html

I think I would be told to go home if I put the muzzle up in the dump barrel (bucket)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got a link?

Here you go.

Commented on the thread
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 3:39:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL ! Funniest thing I've read all day .
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 4:28:50 PM EDT
[#14]
After reading everyones post I think I am going to send the nordic extension back to midway and exchange it for a +6.thanks for all the input
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 12:45:59 AM EDT
[#15]
I have an 1100 that holds 10 rounds. Thought that was a lot till I saw this:   Way More Rounds!!!
This is not cheap! But what fire power you would have! I believe Jerry Miculek uses one!
All so saw this in:   Guns&Ammo
I'm sure some once said, He who runs out of ammo first, loses!!!

PITA45

Edited: If you buy one. Buy the big one!
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 1:54:49 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

It looks funny but will my Shotgun kill itself if the mag extension is this forward for the muzzle? It measures 12 inchs from the end of the muzzle

It will should hold 14 shells now. I ordered this for my 3 gun comps but do you think I should return it to midway and get a +6 or +5 which will only extend a few inches over the muzzle rather than a foot with the +9. I also think I may have problems with the dump bucket too. Advise?

http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a437/mark356/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150925_084101_zpsou7zivzo.jpg
View Quote
Why is your username blue?

Link Posted: 10/14/2015 1:24:06 AM EDT
[#17]
This is some commitment.

I suggest keeping it divisible by two, so you can load two shells at a time, like the pros.
i.e. downsize to 10 rounds.  Myself, I don't follow that, my fav number is 9 in the tube.

If +9 results in 14, you may want +5 which will result in 10. How far will that extend?
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 10:46:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have an 1100 that holds 10 rounds. Thought that was a lot till I saw this:   Way More Rounds!!!
This is not cheap! But what fire power you would have! I believe Jerry Miculek uses one!
All so saw this in:   Guns&Ammo
I'm sure some once said, He who runs out of ammo first, loses!!!

PITA45

Edited: If you buy one. Buy the big one!
View Quote

No Miculek, does not shoot an X rail, he uses the 4 rnd speed tubes
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 12:42:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Stoeger M3000 by John Hermesmeyer, on Flickr

Stoeger M3000 with a 7 round extension for a total of 12+1
its definitely no longer a short shotgun
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 10:47:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a437/mark356/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150925_084101_zpsou7zivzo.jpg

I noticed that too. I think ar15.com thinks my name relates to gun safes at Brownells LOL
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 1:46:44 AM EDT
[#21]
I am pretty new to the shotgun world.  Also makes me 1 step closer to get into 3-gun.  And while i am sure that tube extension is cheaper, any reason to go with that over an X-Rail ??
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 12:04:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I am pretty new to the shotgun world.  Also makes me 1 step closer to get into 3-gun.  And while i am sure that tube extension is cheaper, any reason to go with that over an X-Rail ??
View Quote

I'd love an x-rail but I do not want to pay that much for it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top