Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2015 9:25:20 PM EDT
Hello, everyone:

Talked to a buddy of mine yesterday, and he cannot get this H & R Topper 88 back together.  Got a feeling that since he mentioned it, this is about to become a "Hey, old-buddy" favor.

Downloaded the users-manual from the website, and it shows a diagram of the exploded-view.  Haven't laid eyes on the shotgun yet, but I'm trying to visualize what's in store.

If anyone has any experience with this shotgun...

Is there anything special that I need to take into consideration during re-assembly?  (Trigger-assembly, maybe?)

Thanks so much, in advance.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:38:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Did he take all the pin and internals (hammer,transfer bar,  locking block, etc)  out of it?

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 4:40:29 PM EDT
[#2]
The shotgun has been broken-down into every part and piece that it can, from my understanding.

My friend has a retail-location that applies Cerekote / Hydro-Graphics.  According to him, everything has to be broken-down before the process to prepare parts for paint-application.  I do know that he just applied the paint to the main portions of the shotgun and not the internals.

Hope this helps to give more specifics to your question.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:23:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I have had several of them apart on the bench to replace parts. Make slave pins from wooden dowels or round stock to help line up the parts before inserting the pins.

In order of installation:

Install firing pin

Install the barrel catch (locking block), lever, and transfer bar

Install the hammer and spings

Isntall the trigger and trigger guard
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top