Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2015 9:22:18 PM EDT
Just got myself a Mossberg 590A1 to run with my Arsenal SLR.

Any of you know of a good side receiver shell holder?

Also, where I can find a decently priced 590A1 Heat Shield?

Thanks, y'all!
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:35:40 PM EDT
[#1]
You may want to try posting this in the shotgun forum.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_6/1_Shotguns.html

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:38:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You may want to try posting this in the shotgun forum.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_6/1_Shotguns.html

View Quote

DIDN'T even see it. My bad.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:38:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I run a Mesa 6-shell side saddle on my A1.

My heat shield is from AIMPRO tactical.  I believe they are the only ones to carry the heatshield for the A1, normally the heatshields only fit the regular 590 barrel profile.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:20:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Make your own for $12.......here is my 590 Mariner. I used a SOE "Shotgun card" which is velcro backed, put a piece of velcro on the side of the receiver and it fits perfect. Then I put another one on the stock. It works just as good, looks just as good, and does not come loose.

ETA: looks like they are $15 now........still awesome. http://www.originalsoegear.com/products/velcro-backed-12ga-shotgun-card

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 10:39:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm a big fan of shotgun cards over the traditional side saddle.
You can carry multiple, already loaded cards in your rig, and when you deplete the one on the gun, it is a quick process to slap another loaded and ready to go card on your shotgun.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 4:46:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a Tac-Star 6 shot on my 590 and it's worked well for about 8 years now.  I can recommend it with first hand knowledge and they are a mid-cost value ($25). Oh, and write-down your serial number before installing the side saddle.  It hides the information....ask me how I know

I did just install a Mesa Tactical 8 shot on my whip-it Remington 870.  It's expensive ($80) but it's well made, I think the magazine retention via a piece of rubber stripping inside the shell holder is very cool.  It installed relatively easy (do exactly what is done in the installation video) and looks great.  However, please note, I have not shot with it nor can I speak to the long term value.

I will say that if this works well, I'll buy an 8 shot for my Mossberg 590 to add +2 ammo.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 10:09:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I had the tac star...until the recoil loosened it up & it smacked me hard into my nose...drew blood....Now I carry a 50rd bandoleer on me or in a bag.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 10:20:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Have had mine for 6-7 years, the tac star works but is not the best

I also have a Blackhawk Recoil stock with side saddle and a 15rd sling, this makes 25 rounds on the outside of the gun, I get the M1S90 out more and more leaving the A1 in the safe/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top