Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2015 1:37:49 PM EDT
I am thinking about getting one, and I can get it in the low 800 range.  Reviews have been very favorable from what I have seen, but of course I only trust online reviews as far as I can throw them, and would appreciate feedback from owners that may not be getting paid to review the things and post videos.

Looks like it would do everything I want- adjustable LOP, no goofy recoil system in the stock so that can be swapped, enough available accessories to make it viable (mag extension, pic rail adapters).  Don't need chokes for the intended role, love the ghost ring sights, and the pic rail would lend itself nicely to trying out a T-1 or similar.

Intent would be to have a shotty to leave out for defensive purposes when leaving a 3500 AR out of the safe isn't as feasible for my OCD.  It would be done to supplement the HD role, not be an exclusive tool, but obviously it has its place.

I've heard great info regarding reliability even with lower powered loads, just wanting to confirm and make sure that I am not missing anything.

Not interested in a pump, so spare your fingers from the pump/semi debate.

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 9:06:27 PM EDT
[#1]
After reading, I found the fatal flaw of the shotgun, IE hitting the bolt release paddle while the mag tube is loaded and causing a major malfunction/jam that takes quite some time to clear rendering the shotgun useless.

Guess that idea is out.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 11:29:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I did not know what you were describing so I played with mine a little.  I could reproduce what you were speaking of but I have not ever had that happen when manipulating my gun.

I have a Competition model but essentially the same.  I would highly recommend this gun.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:10:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I did not know what you were describing so I played with mine a little.  I could reproduce what you were speaking of but I have not ever had that happen when manipulating my gun.

I have a Competition model but essentially the same.  I would highly recommend this gun.
View Quote

The competition has a much smaller button vs the tac....the tac version is a rather large paddle.

Unfortunately there isn't really a good way to retrofit the smaller button due to the different receiver length, but I may just get the 21" competition model and call it a day....slap a rail and a T-1 on it and I'll have a defacto "tactical" shotgun, but also have something a little more versatile.  Its really only a few inches longer, but would also allow me to get a larger mag tube extension.

ETA: After looking at some pics, it looks like the paddle is on the comp models now too, but apparently there is a smaller button available from brownells.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top