User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:57:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It had already been duracoated when I bought it. I did refinish the stocks while it was apart. I put them in a tub of warm water and scrubbed them with steel wool. They stripped down to bare wood by doing that. I finished them with a natural stain (basically a matte clear coat) mixed with a little red oak stain to darken it up.
View Quote

Nicely done!
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:57:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Someone had a cool picture of a Rem 11 / Brown A5 with a poly-choke on like an 18" or 20" barrel and extended mag tube - looked bad-ass like a grandaddy of an HK512 - Did anyone save the picture - I want to build one like that when I find another Model 11.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 2:10:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Will he not even run it to check function?

Keith
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted: The Dealer won't make any guarantee as to the function of the gun. He has never fired it, received it from another dealer as part of a package deal and is just looking for a quick turnover .

Will he not even run it to check function?

Keith

moot point now. I went back to buy it but waited too long and somebody got it before me but thanks to this thread, now I have the bug

I just realized, I am the OP !!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 2:01:03 AM EDT
[#4]
what's the point of threading for rem chokes, is there value in doing that on such a short barrel?

Thats how you attach the Salvo shotgun suppressor!  (I don't have one yet but had my SBS barrel threaded for one.)
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 8:42:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
what's the point of threading for rem chokes, is there value in doing that on such a short barrel?

Thats how you attach the Salvo shotgun suppressor!  (I don't have one yet but had my SBS barrel threaded for one.)
View Quote

That big heavy Salvo is going to make problems with a model 11 I bet.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 8:47:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Depending on the barrel length, you may run into some contact issues between the suppressor and the forearm. The barrel cycles with the action on the Model 11. Too short of a barrel and you will end up running the can into the forearm or even that magazine tube.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 4:16:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Depending on the barrel length, you may run into some contact issues between the suppressor and the forearm. The barrel cycles with the action on the Model 11. Too short of a barrel and you will end up running the can into the forearm or even that magazine tube.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm curious as to how much the barrel retracts into the action during recoil, I'm gonna guess and say 3" ish, I'll  try and measure tonight just to see how much barrel you'd need.
Also the weight of a Salvo, not sure of that just now. I gotta believe it's not that much more than the barrel that was cut off, but I'm wrong a lot.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 7:30:47 PM EDT
[#8]
3in is about right. Its basically a shell length.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top