Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 1:22:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I know what you mean, bud. I've got nearly as many "projects" as "completes". Nothing on the card though, to hell with that.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 2:56:56 AM EDT
[#2]

Hit the property and did some shooting today, it performed pretty well. Action is still a little sticky when you rack it all the way back, even after a thorough cleaning and as detailed of a strip as I felt comfortable with...
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:39:58 PM EDT
[#3]
He's got some more Wingmasters in.  18" barrels with Orange stocks ($185) and 18" with Speedfeed stocks ($225)

http://summitgunbroker.com/870-llw.html
http://summitgunbroker.com/870-speedfeed.html
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:02:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He's got some more Wingmasters in.  18" barrels with Orange stocks ($185) and 18" with Speedfeed stocks ($225)

http://summitgunbroker.com/870-llw.html
http://summitgunbroker.com/870-speedfeed.html
View Quote

These don't seem to be as a good of deal as the others... They only have a front bead
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:36:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Only hear to publicly shame myself for not jumping into the 870P buy. Repeat to self: next time do not wait. That is all.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 7:20:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Only hear to publicly shame myself for not jumping into the 870P buy. Repeat to self: next time do not wait. That is all.
View Quote

Those are still listed
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:47:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Those are still listed
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those are still listed

The self-shaming continues: I am mistaken. Mark is away for a few days, according to the website, but I'll contact him about a 870P. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:14:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The self-shaming continues: I am mistaken. Mark is away for a few days, according to the website, but I'll contact him about a 870P. Thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those are still listed

He had them on sale a few weeks back for 20 or 30 off
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 5:56:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey guys.  Sorry to bring up a somewhat old post, but I had some questions for you guys if you don't mind.  I'm going to order from Mark a 870 police magnum and was wondering if those yellow numbers come off easily.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 6:07:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hey guys.  Sorry to bring up a somewhat old post, but I had some questions for you guys if you don't mind.  I'm going to order from Mark a 870 police magnum and was wondering if those yellow numbers come off easily.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks in advance!
View Quote

Mine came off very easily.  All I used was CLP, so I would think that most solvents or bore cleaners would have a good chance of taking care of it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 6:39:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Thank you,  I appreciate the quick response.  Very happy to hear that it is not permanent.  Thanks again!
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 7:42:19 PM EDT
[#12]
"Goof-off" cleaning solvent (available at Home Depot) also worked to remove the numbers.  Spot test on the stock under the recoil pad before using on plastic, it worked perfectly on mine with no problems.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 1:44:44 PM EDT
[#13]
The Wingmaster I got from Summit was in great condition. The bluing was about 95% with just a little wear at the muzzle and some storage scratches on the receiver.  I didn't care for the fit of the Speed Feed stock that came with it. I had an old Express stock that I had painted lying around, so I stripped it, shortened it and stained it dark, then three coats of TruOil. I then cleaned up the front sight and painted it orange, added a LimbSaver buttpad, a Wilson +1 mag extension and some grip tape.

The finished results!

" />

" />

" />

" />
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 7:12:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The Wingmaster I got from Summit was in great condition. The bluing was about 95% with just a little wear at the muzzle and some storage scratches on the receiver.  I didn't care for the fit of the Speed Feed stock that came with it. I had an old Express stock that I had painted lying around, so I stripped it, shortened it and stained it dark, then three coats of TruOil. I then cleaned up the front sight and painted it orange, added a LimbSaver buttpad, a Wilson +1 mag extension and some grip tape.

The finished results!

http://<a href=http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae9/BwanaG/IMG_2900%20copy_zpsbcade5fs.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae9/BwanaG/IMG_2906_zpspufekhwt.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae9/BwanaG/IMG_2908_zpsguspiulc.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae9/BwanaG/IMG_2907_zpslgxnqblb.jpg</a>" />
View Quote

Nice job bro!  Me like
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 7:39:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I just ordered an 870P today.  The guy I talked to said he still had a hundred or so left and said they were in nice condition.  He also gave me the choice between an 18 inch or 20 inch barrel.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:03:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I just ordered an 870P today.  The guy I talked to said he still had a hundred or so left and said they were in nice condition.  He also gave me the choice between an 18 inch or 20 inch barrel.
View Quote

What barrel did you go for?   Th 18 I got was a true 18.  Not the 18.5 they have now.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 6:36:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

What barrel did you go for?   Th 18 I got was a true 18.  Not the 18.5 they have now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered the 18 inch.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 12:30:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Just picked it up from my FFL.  I'd say it's easily got 98% finish, appears to be shot very little.  Came with a six round side saddle and sling swivels.  Appears to be in great mechanical shape.  The only thing that needs replacing is the butt pad, which I figured on changing out for a Limb Saver regardless.  The guy working the counter is ex-LEO and he was very impressed with it's condition and price.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 2:02:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just picked it up from my FFL.  I'd say it's easily got 98% finish, appears to be shot very little.  Came with a six round side saddle and sling swivels.  Appears to be in great mechanical shape.  The only thing that needs replacing is the butt pad, which I figured on changing out for a Limb Saver regardless.  The guy working the counter is ex-LEO and he was very impressed with it's condition and price.
View Quote

If you got one with a melted looking butt pad, it is due to a bad run of them.  Call Remington and they will send you a new one free of charge.  Be sure to have your serial number handy when you call.  I did this with the two 870P's I received from Summit.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 3:29:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If you got one with a melted looking butt pad, it is due to a bad run of them.  Call Remington and they will send you a new one free of charge.  Be sure to have your serial number handy when you call.  I did this with the two 870P's I received from Summit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 9:43:31 PM EDT
[#21]
For the guys with the foregrip lights, did they come on the shotgun?  Did you have to request?
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 10:33:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
For the guys with the foregrip lights, did they come on the shotgun?  Did you have to request?
View Quote

The surefire forearms were part of the Vangcomp shotgun offering.  They sold out pretty fast, and came without barrels, as the originals were 14".  
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 11:17:28 PM EDT
[#23]
I didn't get a before pic.  Mine came in in great condition.  Very little finish wear, but I decided to give it some love anyways.

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:36:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Just ordered an 870 Magnum. Have done business with Mark in the past. Great guy. Will post before and after pics.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 2:09:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I didn't get a before pic.  Mine came in in great condition.  Very little finish wear, but I decided to give it some love anyways.

View Quote

Saw this in the pic thread, I think it looks great. I like it more than what I have and you probably spent less money than I.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 10:24:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mine was on the gun when I got it, but the bulb was burned out. I tested it with a different Surefire bulb and it worked fine, so I know it was just the bulb that was bad.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 7:22:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Here is mine before and after adding some new furniture to it.  Waiting on my form 1 to cut it to 12.5".  Still need to decide on sights for it.

Link Posted: 12/4/2015 12:10:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Just curious, when did they sell out?
I'm on the hunt for a used 870
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 4:50:09 PM EDT
[#29]

What size and brand are the mag. extensions on your shotguns?

Link Posted: 12/4/2015 5:43:51 PM EDT
[#30]
That's the same shotgun, just with different furniture.  I don't know the brand of the extension as it's what came on the shotgun from SGB.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 5:51:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Came out of the box(a couple months ago), gave it a quick wipe down and here it is.

Link Posted: 12/4/2015 7:43:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's the factory two shot extension
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top