Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2015 7:42:56 PM EDT
A friend asked me to look at his 870. This is one of the newer ones with the fixed extended mag tube (first time I've seen one).

The problem is with the barrel on the gun and the magazine end cap screwed down all the way the barrel can still be twisted like a 1/4" inch in each direction.

Obviously this is causing function problems. Any easy fix for this or send it back to Remington?
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 7:46:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine is rock solid. Call Remington and see what they say.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:25:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you take the barrel off and try reassembling it with the action open?  I would at least give that a try to make sure the barrel is fully seated in the receiver.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 8:42:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Is the ejector (on the side of the receiver) fitting into the notch in end of the barrel?

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:56:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd bet you about $3 the ejector tip is broken.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:34:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Took it apart and checked the ejector is not broken. Barrel is seated as far as it can go. Magazine cap is tight and it still has like a 1/4 inch rotation off to Remington it goes. Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top