Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2015 10:34:58 PM EDT
I am trying to figure out what sling I want to run on my 500 and im having issues. My spare VCAS seems to short and I can't find a good way to mount my ms3 QD. Id prefer to run two point but at this point a ms2 sling and a magpul rear adapter might fix my problems. I will probably get the magpul front sling adapter also.

In the picture one of my ARs is wearing a vcas and I love the way it is setup on it. However, it doesn't seem to really work well on the shotgun because the front attachment is so far forward.

Does anyone have any recommendations?
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 12:46:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Your mag cap should be threaded  #10-32, qd stud and a #10-32 cap screw and lock washer and you can use a qd swivel. I use a side plate off a #50 offset roller link screwed to the mag cap and a paracord loop with shrink tubing around it and an National Moulding strap loop for the sling to pass through kinda like a Proctor sling, adds some length and the shrink tubing acts as a strain relief that keeps the paracord from going slack and binding in the pump.

I make my own slings that are a combo of a VTAC and a Emdom Gunslinger. Make a sling if you can't find one, you can make it whatever length you want and it'll cost half of what geardo slings do and you score mondo "expedient badass" points in the process.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 11:14:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I run an old Chinese AK/SKS sling,  Two quick release loops on the studs and ran the leather straps through the loops. Works great and makes little to no noise.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 2:07:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Thread Hi Jack.....sorry  I'm wanting to upgrade my AR's handguard and want to have my gun set up just like yours is.  Could you tell me the info of the one on the AR pictured above?

Yhanks in advance!
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 10:38:41 PM EDT
[#4]
That is the 13" BCM KMR hand guard and I am running the BCM keymod QD adapter on the other side. I am also running a b5 systems bravo stock again because the BCM gunfighter's QD slot kinda sucks...it doesn't sling right with my setup.

I have decided to sell my spare vcas sling to get a magpul ms3 and adapter for my Mossberg.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 8:27:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is the 13" BCM KMR hand guard and I am running the BCM keymod QD adapter on the other side. I am also running a b5 systems bravo stock again because the BCM gunfighter's QD slot kinda sucks...it doesn't sling right with my setup.

I have decided to sell my spare vcas sling to get a magpul ms3 and adapter for my Mossberg.
View Quote

Thanks for the info!  Nice kit!

R
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 12:44:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I picked up a MS3 gen 2 sling today and can say the new slider system is a vast improvement over the older setup (which is nearly impossible to adjust).

I will probably end up getting a MS4 gen 2 now if I can sell my extra VCAS sling and my ms4.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 1:33:04 AM EDT
[#7]
I looked at a Magpul MS3 sling at an LGS today and damn those commercial slings are heavy and thick. I don't  know how you guys run those things they seem bulky and heavy to me. I use Mil-W-17337 webbing to make slings mostly type I and type III which is at least 2000 Ibs. test and its about a 1/4 the thickness and weight of  commercial  made sling webbing and I figure if its good enough to withstand jumping with a 80-100 Ibs. ruck out of an aircraft and humping it 10 miles it'll hang a 9 Ibs. gun around a torso just fine.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 11:44:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I looked at a Magpul MS3 sling at an LGS today and damn those commercial slings are heavy and thick. I don't  know how you guys run those things they seem bulky and heavy to me. I use Mil-W-17337 webbing to make slings mostly type I and type III which is at least 2000 Ibs. test and its about a 1/4 the thickness and weight of  commercial  made sling webbing and I figure if its good enough to withstand jumping with a 80-100 Ibs. ruck out of an aircraft and humping it 10 miles it'll hang a 9 Ibs. gun around a torso just fine.
View Quote

The Ms3 gen 2 works like a charm with the Magpul single point attachment. I have owned the original ms2, ms3, and a ms4 QD and I have to admit the new design is so much better I am tempted to get another one, or two. The biggest issue I had with the original models was how hard it was to tighten the sling back up if you were running it as a two point. Magpul's new slider is ridiculously easy to move back and forth, yet it doesn't move if you pull on the sling.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 11:51:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The Ms3 gen 2 works like a charm with the Magpul single point attachment. I have owned the original ms2, ms3, and a ms4 QD and I have to admit the new design is so much better I am tempted to get another one, or two. The biggest issue I had with the original models was how hard it was to tighten the sling back up if you were running it as a two point. Magpul's new slider is ridiculously easy to move back and forth, yet it doesn't move if you pull on the sling.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I want to check out the slider. They only had packaged versions. Magpul is moving corporate to Austin. I'll  have to go by there when they move in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top