Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 17
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 8:59:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So around 650 bucks, they can keep it !!!! Been hearing horror stories coming out of Remington QC lately !! How much are you guys paying for the Aguilla Minishells in your area ?
View Quote
I work at a shop and received a new PGO 870 and we all noted that the fit and finish of it is nice.  It's marked Remington 870, no Express or magnum although it will take 3" shells. Pleasantly surprised about that.  Feels smooth too.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 1:36:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You could paint a big white arrow on yours to help with low light aiming.  Just sayin'.  So we're up to TWO uses.

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w388/elduderino36/DSC_00012_zps341f8ff5.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  So when the bbl is hot after you've shot all your ammo, you can stab a hun w/ your bayonet and use your non-trigger hand to press the bayonet down through his guts.  They don't like it up 'em!  

Seriously, that's the only reason for a heat shield on a shotgun - it's to keep from burning your hand when you stab someone w/ the bayonet.  If you're not going to mount a bayonet on it, there's no earthly reason for a heat shield.

Why do heat shields look badass?  B/c they bring to mind US military shotguns from the 1st & 2nd WW that had heat shields on 'em.  Why did they have heat shields on 'em?  B/c they had bayonet lugs on 'em.

Hmm.  Would a permanently attached bayonet count towards the OAL of 26"?  
You could paint a big white arrow on yours to help with low light aiming.  Just sayin'.  So we're up to TWO uses.

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w388/elduderino36/DSC_00012_zps341f8ff5.jpg
You can Dremel the cooling vents into DickMod holes, and attach $87 of Tapco accessories to it as well, so now you're up to 3 reasons.  But if you have a heat shield on your shotgun w/o a bayonet lug, you really are an ignorant poser.  You MIGHT be a poser with a bayonet lug and heat shield, but @ least then you're not an ignorant one.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 8:34:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Can anyone post a pic of the Mossberg heat shield next to their Shockwave to show how far off it is?
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 9:05:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 12:09:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t33/AJ_Dual/20140816_131808_zps5k2tmukp.jpg

Mine is a bit different in that I've got the 590 rifle/ghost ring sights,

Ideally, you need to make extended tabs that go over tapped holes for screws that go into the web or sides of the the barrel retainer ring/front mount for the magazine tube. Anything else will probably interfere with the SBS sized pump/fore end.
View Quote
How do the GR sights work for you?  I had a 14" GR sight barrel I parted with that I regret doing now.  It was pulled off new agency weapon that lost it's rear sight in the demill that was agency policy.

The push-pull on the sling works much better than I anticipated as far as a usable sight picture.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 12:58:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 2:57:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Big Dot night site maybe ?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:09:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You can Dremel the cooling vents into DickMod holes, and attach $87 of Tapco accessories to it as well, so now you're up to 3 reasons.  But if you have a heat shield on your shotgun w/o a bayonet lug, you really are an ignorant poser.  You MIGHT be a poser with a bayonet lug and heat shield, but @ least then you're not an ignorant one.
View Quote
I guess when we carried 590s overseas we were ignorant posers, because we never fixed bayonets.

Your post was the first I've ever seen in 20+ years of shooting 590s and 500s with the shield added post-factory.  I'll still sleep deep.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:45:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I guess when we carried 590s overseas we were ignorant posers, because we never fixed bayonets.

Your post was the first I've ever seen in 20+ years of shooting 590s and 500s with the shield added post-factory.  I'll still sleep deep.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  You can Dremel the cooling vents into DickMod holes, and attach $87 of Tapco accessories to it as well, so now you're up to 3 reasons.  But if you have a heat shield on your shotgun w/o a bayonet lug, you really are an ignorant poser.  You MIGHT be a poser with a bayonet lug and heat shield, but @ least then you're not an ignorant one.

I didn't fix bayonets overseas either.  That doesn't change what the heat shield is for.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:51:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
What about safety for the kids so they don't grab a hot barrel, some may think the statements above are ignorant.
Here are some pics of the shock wave with wood furniture and a heat shield.
May be some one could post them for me I cant.

Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:39:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Yep, heat shields are so kids don't grab a hot barrel in the trenches in France.  

Next up - M203 cuts on your bbl.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:02:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Is there a real difference other then barrel length on the Shockwave compared to the 18.5" version? Mine is setup the same but it's the 18.5.  Deciding if I should continue trying to sell mine or not. or maybe try to convert to 14".
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:46:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Finally got my mossy wood forend from numrich and spent a few hours fitting it. Now if only i could decide on a finish..

Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:48:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Finally got my mossy wood forend from numrich and spent a few hours fitting it. Now if only i could decide on a finish..

http://i64.tinypic.com/1iy4qt.jpg
View Quote
Doesn't look like you cut it down. Why not a grip to match? Make it out of a old stock. pics above. 
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:58:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yep, heat shields are so kids don't grab a hot barrel in the trenches in France.  

Next up - M203 cuts on your bbl.  
View Quote
Yep, and you don't need to be in france for them to work.
Ignorance is bliss 
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 7:15:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Med walnut danish oil finish
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 8:11:17 PM EDT
[#17]
That looks nice.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 9:05:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I work at a shop and received a new PGO 870 and we all noted that the fit and finish of it is nice.  It's marked Remington 870, no Express or magnum although it will take 3" shells. Pleasantly surprised about that.  Feels smooth too.
View Quote
The 870s of the last 3-4 years are a lot better than the 5-7 years previous to that. They've got a LONG way until they're what they were in the 80s, but they're improving.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:44:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You're the one putting the heat shield on it.  You do know the reason for a heat shield on a shotgun bbl, right?  
View Quote
Who cares, it is a short gun, I plan on having mine in my truck. Because of its size and from handling it the likelihood of someone touching the barrel or putting the gun on a car seat or having it slung it will be touching your body. Personally I don't want a hot barrel touching any of those things so shield will help mitigate some of these concerns. I am not sure why you are being so confrontational about what other people want to put on their guns. Normally you are a pretty cool guy but you are being in this thread. What gives did you step on a lego?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:15:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Just one of my bugbears, I suppose.  I think a Shockwave with a heat shield and bayonet lug would be awesome; to me, a heat shield alone is like an AR with a red dot and a flip up rear BUIS, with no front sight.  YMMV, of course.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:55:56 PM EDT
[#21]
This thread needs more pics.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 1:02:58 AM EDT
[#22]
It bums me out that the marinecote version only has the receiver coated, whereas the full size sticks have the barrel and tube also coated.  I guess I'll have to cerakote the to match.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 12:57:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Has anybody tried using the surefire 500/590 weapon light on the Shockwave? Did it fit or was there some modifications required?  I called Mossberg to get some dimensions from them but they couldn't answer any of my questions.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 1:09:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Im pretty sure it would have to be the one designed for a short barrelled shotgun.
I was given one that came off of factory 14" gun and it fits, I just havent mounted it yet.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 1:37:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Im pretty sure it would have to be the one designed for a short barrelled shotgun.
I was given one that came off of factory 14" gun and it fits, I just havent mounted it yet.
View Quote
Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 7:24:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Who's loving their shockwaves?
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:14:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Most the aftermarket forearms for the 500 will need the channel opened up to make them fit the shockwave. It shouldn't be hard like the magpul forearm how to that's floating around here somewhere.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 12:41:05 AM EDT
[#28]
anyone in Texas seen one at a gunshow or in their local gun store?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 2:52:12 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm not really a shotgun guy, but the shockwave has my interest.

Question for those who have more experience:

I was thinking if I get one I would slap a holosun on it. Anyone know if the KE arms remington 870 aimpoint mount would work with a mossberg?

I mean as long as the upper geometry is similar I think it would be fine, but I don't have both brands of shotgun to compare.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 3:47:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

One question for those talking about adding a bayonet, WHY ???
View Quote
Two reasons.  

A) I'm thinking of going to the mossberg grip and the vertical front grip. A permanent mounted bayonet would keep the length over 26 inches.

B) cuz fuck you liberals, this firearm is everything you hate.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:47:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:  anyone in Texas seen one at a gunshow or in their local gun store?
View Quote
Yes.  Saw a brand new Mossberg @ a show almost a month ago, posted about it here.  My LGS has a similar Black Aces mag fed "firearm" on consignment.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 5:22:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'm not really a shotgun guy, but the shockwave has my interest.

Question for those who have more experience:

I was thinking if I get one I would slap a holosun on it. Anyone know if the KE arms remington 870 aimpoint mount would work with a mossberg?

I mean as long as the upper geometry is similar I think it would be fine, but I don't have both brands of shotgun to compare.
View Quote
You would need a Mossberg 500 specific mount for the holosun. There are plenty out there so no issue there.
We need a ginie pig any takers?
Also has anyone got a picture of a shockwave brace mounted on one of these with an ar15 grip I wonder if to fugly or maybe cool.
ar15 stock tube and grip adaptor
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 8:34:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Bad pic but just picked it up for $369 not bad.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:11:45 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:17:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Has anybody tried using the surefire 500/590 weapon light on the Shockwave? Did it fit or was there some modifications required?  I called Mossberg to get some dimensions from them but they couldn't answer any of my questions.
View Quote
I spoke with surefire directly regarding this. The surefire representative confirmed that the DSF-500/590 will in fact fit a Mossberg 14" front end.

Here is a link to a PDF on the DSF-500/590:

Surefire DSF-500/590 PDF Specification Sheet

I would recomend reading the reviews on the DSF-500/590 before buying it. There are more than a few folks whos reviews are less than stellar:

Amazon DSF-500/590 Reviews

I was a Surefire fanboy for many years until I was turned onto Streamlight.

IMHO You can get more lumens for much less going Streamlight.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 12:21:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Two reasons.  

A) I'm thinking of going to the mossberg grip and the vertical front grip. A permanent mounted bayonet would keep the length over 26 inches.

B) cuz fuck you liberals, this firearm is everything you hate.
View Quote
Great idea-until you have to try and take it down either for cleaning or to repair something. Bayonets on shotguns mount to the mag tube and the barrel ring goes over the end of the mag cap. Unless you mount to the side/top of the barrel I'm not sure how you'd get around that.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 12:27:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I spoke with surefire directly regarding this. The surefire representative confirmed that the DSF-500/590 will in fact fit a Mossberg 14" front end.

Here is a link to a PDF on the DSF-500/590:

Surefire DSF-500/590 PDF Specification Sheet

I would recomend reading the reviews on the DSF-500/590 before buying it. There are more than a few folks whos reviews are less than stellar:

Amazon DSF-500/590 Reviews

I was a Surefire fanboy for many years until I was turned onto Streamlight.

IMHO You can get more lumens for much less going Streamlight.
View Quote
Agreed, bolt on a light.makes it universal and will be better qaulity in the long run.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 11:15:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Just picked mine up today!
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 2:50:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Anyone know the length on the Knoxx breachers grip?
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 3:25:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Also thanks HTHF on contacting and reporting back on the forearm. I thought theirs needed trimmed to fit the shockwave. Good to know.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 10:13:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Out of 4 shops that I have talked to 3 are getting them in and one is not. He was told by someone he talked to that it is a SBS and not able to sell it . I wonder how this is going to work out ? Are people going to get knocks at their door or worse their dog shot from an entry team trying to capture this photon lazer beam !!
View Quote
Ruby Ridge incites extreme anger in me. I vaguely remember the late and great Ronald Reagan referring to a little agency in the federal government as; "Jack Booted Thugs" regarding this criminal incident.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 2:24:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Well will the price of the Mossy drop now as Remington is getting in the game?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/05/02/remington-870-tac-14/
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 4:55:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Considering the shockwave is nearly half the cost of the 870 14inch. I doubt it needs to be cheaper. It is selling super fast at any retailers that are able to get them. I think it will continue short is the new cool thing. In PCC and shotguns.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 7:17:17 PM EDT
[#44]
What are you guys seeing as far as retail pricing on these? A local shop I was in yesterday was selling them for $449 which seemed pretty high.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 7:55:35 PM EDT
[#45]
The TFB article as the Remington web site, lists the Remington TAC-14 at $443.05 suggested retail.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 8:33:20 PM EDT
[#46]

Picked this up this past weekend. Added the rear sling stud, talon grip tape and sling.

When the sling is fully extended you can push the gun out forward and actually have a pretty stable shooting platform.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 8:58:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The TFB article as the Remington web site, lists the Remington TAC-14 at $443.05 suggested retail.
View Quote
I'm shocked at the reasonable price. Well done on their part. Hmmm I am constantly and pleasantly surprised these days lately. I hope that laws change soon on SBR and silencers for suppressor sakes. LoL
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 9:14:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
What are you guys seeing as far as retail pricing on these? A local shop I was in yesterday was selling them for $449 which seemed pretty high.
View Quote
My shop will be selling them for either 369, or 379, 379 is what we sell the mossberg 590 shockwaves for and the remington is even cheaper deal cost wise (7.00 less)
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 10:50:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
I was quoted $440 for the marinecote version.  I'll pay that when their order comes in.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 4:31:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Nobody around here has them. Cabelas apparently has no plans of selling them at all. Too controversial for them. I went to an LGS that I haven't tried before amd put $100 down on the first one they get off the truck. Seems lots of people are asking about it but nobody put money on it.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top