Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2015 12:41:23 AM EDT
I came across a choke that had a spread pattern like the duck bill from vietnam but I can't remember the name had something to do with a crocodile or some sorta reptile anyone know the name or where to buy it?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:07:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Ballistic Specialties makes a spreader choke that they call a "Cobra" choke.   Unlike the duckbill, it spreads the pattern evenly.

That's all that I am aware of.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:09:50 AM EDT
[#2]
A quick Google check came up with this:

http://www.paradigmsrp.com/gator-shotgun-spreader/

"Gator Gun Spreader".
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 3:05:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Winchester 1897 that belongs to a friend of mine, cleaning it up for him.
" />
" />
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I was talking to a guy at the gun club yesterday.   He said that a Remington 870 with that "Gator" spreader attachment got a bulge in the barrel right at the threads.   It seems that this Gator thing was not machined correctly, and caused the bulge.   I guess he's lucky that it did not blow up in his face.

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 1:20:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the new version, paradigm SRP(gator choke).

It works, I'm just not sure it's worth $200.
Maybe if I were trench clearing, or drug house cleaning daily.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 6:25:46 PM EDT
[#6]
There's a way cheaper option called the "SHUR-HIT" shot spreader.  I found a lot of about 10 of them a while back that I was going to use to make replica SPAS 12 shot diverters with but ended up backing out for liability reasons.  I did make one for my SPAS though.  I still have a bunch of them.

Here's the packaging, looks similarly like what the guy above posted.  Says it's threaded for Beretta Multichoke, Browning Invector, Mossberg Accuchoke, Savage choke tubes, S&W Multichoke, and Winchester Winchoke.  I used an existing choke I had to make my adapter and threw it on a lathe to get it right.  Turned out cool, but I don't really shoot with it on there past testing it.  

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 11:47:57 PM EDT
[#7]
It appears to be a A&W Diverter, they manufactured them in a 2-1 spread and 4-1 spread.

I had one on a Remington 1100 YEARS ago.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:26:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Didn't Benelli make a version of the HK M121 With a spreader that threw a vertical oval pattern? I thought a few may have made it to our shores but they were built for GSG-9?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:01:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Didn't Benelli make a version of the HK M121 With a spreader that threw a vertical oval pattern? I thought a few may have made it to our shores but they were built for GSG-9?
View Quote

Yes, HK made the model 512.  It was built on a Franchi shotgun.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:33:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that's it. They must be worth something as I thought we got the overrun on them and it was less than 300 guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top