Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2015 12:51:43 PM EDT
I see a chrome M5 locally for $219. It looks cool.Are there any problems with them?
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 2:45:46 PM EDT
[#1]
They are basically an updated version of the old High Standard K120/K1200 riot guns (think Steve McQueen in The Getaway). Made by Armscor in the Philippines since the mid '70's. They were imported as High Standard brand guns first then by Mitchell Arms under several other model designations in years past. They are solid guns, only drawback I've  heard in the M5 version is that it doesn't like to reliably eject some 3" loads. Even though it is rated for 3" the old 120K was only a 2 3/4" gun and I think in the redesign they may have overlooked elongating the ejection port enough to handle 3" empties so they hang up. If you only shoot 2 3/4" loads though its a nice solid steel platform and that's a good price.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 9:28:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I have no experience with them, but I would buy a chrome one at that price for use as a "fun gun".
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 2:18:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Had one, sold it.  Had several failures of the lifter arm to chamber a round while shooting. Would NOT trust for defense.  Also, good luck trying to find ANY aftermarket sights, stocks, foreends, etc for it.  I'd save up another $60 and get a mossberg 500.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:16:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I passed on it after I posted this thread, then it came on sale for $209! He said he'd only ever had 1 in the store before, this one just came off the truck. Truck was still parked outside.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 3:22:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Around my area I can pick up trade-in Remington 870 Polices models for that price!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top