Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2014 10:11:36 AM EDT
I have a 590A1 with the adjustable M-4 style stock/pistol grip.  May be great for some but I'm not too crazy about it and want to replace it with a standard or speed feed 590A1 stock.    I haven't tried taking the adjustable stock off but it looks like a standard stock could be installed with no problems.  Can anyone confirm that?  Also, where can I get a factory Mossberg stock?  I don't see any on the Mossberg page.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:56:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Its an easy swap. Most 500 stocks fit the 590. Midwayusa or Brownells have them. I highly recommend the Magpul SGA. With the tang safety on the Mossberg it works awsome. Ive had a variety of Mossberg stocks over the years including Speedfeed. The Magpul is by far the most comforable.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:46:51 PM EDT
[#2]
The introduction of the Magpul SGA is the reason I bought another Mossberg 590A1. I always liked the shotgun but never cared for any of the stock options companies had in the past.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:44:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Any standard stock will go right on your shotgun, I recommend a Hogue stock. You will need a new stock bolt as the one from your M4 stock will not work.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:46:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks gents, good gouge.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top