Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2014 4:01:23 PM EDT
I am looking to make an almost copy of this 590A1 (shamelessly stolen from Google) but don't know where to send the barrel once I get my stamp back.  Also, do you have to engrave an SBS like an SBR?  I assume you do but am not sure.

The goal:

What I have:  It is the NYPD version from what I can find that has handgun type sights...

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:03:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:05:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Adco does shotgun work?  I don't see it mentioned on their site.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:49:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Rose Action Sports is one I see recommended frequently. I have not used them, but the photos of their work and comments of their customers are all positive.

Rose Action Sports
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:22:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Plus one for Rose Action Sports! He did an 870 barrel for me. Cut to 12.5, relocate the rifle front sight, and thread for chokes. Good prices, fast shipping, and  turned out perfect. I think he wanted a copy of my form one, not for sure though... Its been a long time...

James
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:20:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Steve from rose action sports did two of my shotgun.  
Highly recommend him.  

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:24:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Another +1 for RAS. He can thread it for choke tubes pretty cheap also.

That SBS belongs to ARFCOM member KentuckyWindage82. I remember it cause Ive thought of doing the same. Plus Im a bourbon fan. Shoot him an email to see where the work was done.

Yes you have to engrave it if your the one making the SBS. If you buy one already made it is engraved by the maker.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:35:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Is it a 15" barrel in the picture? I have the same 590 as the OP but mine has the ghost ring sights.

I was wanting to do the same thing with the barrel flush with the end of the mag tube.

Figured a new/shorter mag tube would be too much $$ right?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:52:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Another +1 for Steve at Rose Action Sports... have sent him ten different barrels to work on, all the work has been absolutely perfect.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:25:22 AM EDT
[#9]
A thought here. Contact Mossberg. It might be cheaper just to buy another barrel. Buy the time you figure the job and shipping and insurance costs.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:09:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
A thought here. Contact Mossberg. It might be cheaper just to buy another barrel. Buy the time you figure the job and shipping and insurance costs.
View Quote

The factory SBS 14" barrel needs a shorter mag tube and action bar assembly also. So you either have to cut to 15" or order a bunch of parts. The other option is to order a factory 14" SBS but then you wait for it. At least with the 18" you have the shotgun in hand till the ATF paperwork clears and then you cut it to 15". Depends if an inch of barrel makes a difference to you.

I plan on having mine cut to 15" and threaded for choke tubes.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:13:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the leads guys!  I will probably go with RAS when I can.  I still need to submit the F1 and have it engraved though first.

I will have to try and fïnd the owner's thread of the gun I pictured above.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:03:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thanks for the leads guys!  I will probably go with RAS when I can.  I still need to submit the F1 and have it engraved though first.

I will have to try and fïnd the owner's thread of the gun I pictured above.
View Quote

AOW/SBS Pics Page 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top