Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2014 1:43:08 AM EDT
After scouring the Internet trying to find this problem, I've found just about everything else that these guns do wrong.

Except what mines doing.

My lifter appears to be under powered (at least the spring that forces back down does). If I don't physically pull it back down, it won't feed or lock the bolt back.

Is this a thing?

Is there somewhere to get a replacement spring? (Other than Mossberg, I'm still waiting for them to get back to me, and I don't want to send the whole gun back for this).
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:51:56 PM EDT
[#1]
My 930jm has issues not releasing a shell from the tube. Sent back to mossberg and they fixed it. 500+ shells later and no problems. /knocks on wood

Craig
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:17:15 PM EDT
[#2]
It was doing that at first, which was remedied by polishing the shell stop.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:49:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Mine did the same. I sent it back to mossberg and they sent it back to me with the same issue. I sold the POS.
I will stick with my 590A1
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:09:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Will the lifter flip up and down under spring pressure when the trigger group is out of the gun?

If it hangs up while you have the trigger group out of the gun check the 2 arms of the lifter that attach it to the trigger group. Make sure they are not pinched together causing too much friction / binding & that those 2 arms are parallel to the rest of the lifter ( I’ve seen some lifter bent to one side causing the lifter to rub too hard against the side on the receiver)
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:19:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Will the lifter flip up and down under spring pressure when the trigger group is out of the gun?

If it hangs up while you have the trigger group out of the gun check the 2 arms of the lifter that attach it to the trigger group. Make sure they are not pinched together causing too much friction / binding & that those 2 arms are parallel to the rest of the lifter ( I’ve seen some lifter bent to one side causing the lifter to rub too hard against the side on the receiver)
View Quote

They were bent. Was rubbing on the trigger group.

Fixed those and polished the shell stop.

Went from a dog to running like greased lightning
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 4:11:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My 930jm has issues not releasing a shell from the tube. Sent back to mossberg and they fixed it. 500+ shells later and no problems. /knocks on wood

Craig
View Quote

Mine does the same thing if I leave it loaded a long time. Becomes a single shot.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:12:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Mine does the same thing if I leave it loaded a long time. Becomes a single shot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Craig

There's a solution from Jerry on brownells concerning that.  

Pull the shell stop out, clean it up with some fine sand paper and it should be good.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:38:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Pull the shell stop out, clean it up with some fine sand paper and it should be good.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Craig

Here it is
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top