Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2014 9:58:39 PM EDT
I won a Remington 870 Express in a contest and I want to SBS it. I was looking at a 12" factory barrel from Botach but my Magazine tube is too long. It is the 7rd tube so I guess I need a 5 rd factory tube to pull this off. Question is where do I get a 5 rd mag tube and how easy is it to replace.
I dont really want to cut the mag tube if it can be helped.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:17:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Never seen one for sale. I checked all my normal places (Numrich Arms, Brownells, Midway) and none of them carry it.

Call Remington and see what they say. I would also check with shops that build SBS 870's, like Wilson Combat/Scattergun Tech. They may be your best bet.

If you don't have any luck with those places, I would suggest you sell the Express you have and buy a used Police model, then SBS that.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:42:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I would put a WTT trade here or on a local classified site and see if you can get a standard 5 shot model traded for your 7 shot model.  I would think you shouldn't have too much difficulty making that trade.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:51:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Yea, My Google-Fu turned up no results. Will have to think about the trade. I do have a local shop that has the 14" police AOW's for sale, I may try first.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:56:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:37:31 AM EDT
[#5]
+1 trade it or sell it and get the one you need.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:00:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Trade it. 870 magazine tubes are brazed in place and are not easily replaced. You could probably find a gunsmith to shorten it, but it would be a whole lot easier to just get another one.
View Quote

and cheaper!
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:00:06 PM EDT
[#7]
+1 Definitely trading that out is your best option.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:43:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks everyone. Going to go to a few local shops tomorrow and see if I can work out a deal with one of them on a trade. Quite sure they will consider it used even though I never fired it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:36:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah have to be careful about that.  Almost made the same mistake :(

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:36:23 AM EDT
[#10]
They surely will. You may be better off selling and reapplying the funds.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:01:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You may be better off selling and reapplying the funds.
View Quote

This.

You probably won't find a magazine tube for sale; they are brazed on at the factory and its not something gunsmiths do (not that I've ever run across anyway). Best thing to do is get rid of the gun and use the funds to get the one you want/need for the project.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top