Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2014 4:24:51 PM EDT
I am running a Rem 870 with the Magpul Forend.  I am thinking about adding some sort of Handstop towards the rear of my forend to assist when racking the gun.

I don't really want a full AFG from Magpul, just a smaller handstop.  

Options?  What are you running?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 5:44:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I tried the magpul handstop- didn't like it. Not enough real estate to grab onto. I run an AFG2 with a rail cover on either end so I can get a nice, high, secure grip.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:41:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been shooting pump shotguns since 1970.
Never had any problem getting a grip on a plain jane wooden forearm.

KISS always applies.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:39:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm running a Surefire DSF on my SBS 870. I stippled the grasping surface with a soldering iron.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:45:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've been shooting pump shotguns since 1970.

Never had any problem getting a grip on a plain jane wooden forearm.

KISS always applies.
View Quote
Yep, cut some 3M step tape and fitted it into the groove along the top of my wooden forearm with a heat gun.  Perfect.  Unless you are headed for an airsoft convention then definitely not enough magpul...  (to be fair, If upgrading furniture to plastic, I would prob get the magpul forearm...)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top