Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2014 9:51:55 AM EDT
I'll be looking for a Remington 1100 barrel this Black Friday for my Christmas present. Working on a retro-tactical type project, wood furniture w/ short barrel and extension.

I'm hoping for 21-22", but would settle for an 18.5" if thats all thats available.

I saw them several months ago on sale in the $100/range - anybody know of a source? Feel free to IM me if you do.

Thanks in advance!!
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:14:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I scored one in the Remington store. It was a 30" pro bore barrel that is normally close to 300 and they blew them out for 75$. Gunbroker will have a decent one every once in a while.

Barrels are tough to find smoking deals on in my experience. I keep hoping for a 75$ barrel for my 20ga 1100 but nothing yet.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:56:36 AM EDT
[#2]
1187 barrels will fit the 1100 also. The remington store has a couple 18.5 barrels you may want to go check it out.

scattershot
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:58:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I built my 3-gun shotty off an 1100.  I called Remington customer service and spoke directly to a tech because the barrel and mag extension I wanted weren't listed in the replacement parts .pdf on their web site.  I ordered the 1100 tactical (22"?, ribbed, remchoke) Barrel and the 8+1 extension, ext mag spring, coupler, and clamp. All was about $225, but I don't remember.  I gave up looking for the deals when I realized it would cost more to modify a $75 blued gun show barrel and a quality mag extension.  You will still need a quality aftermarket metal follower.  IM me if you want the part numbers and I'll look up the order.

Good luck on your build.

-T
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:59:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Whenever I've need a shotgun barrel, I use Midway. If you have to backorder it from them though, look somewhere else. You'll probably never get it otherwise.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:18:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Look for the improved cylinder "Deer Gun" barrel with Rem. rifle sights, if you can find one.  That is either 21" or 22".  I can't recall which.  My "tactical" 1100 is based on that and serves me well.  I had the entire vintage shotgun and added a bridge rail, SpeedFeed stocks, extension mag tube, weapon light, red dot and sling.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top