Posted: 11/24/2014 10:04:10 PM EDT
18.5 " 870 Wingmaster

BlackHawk adjustable stock

Choate + 2 extension with mag/barrel clamp w/ sling point loop

What type of sling for HD / Tac use...1 point?...2 point?...3 point?,

Why?

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:01:57 AM EDT
[#1]
It's one of those questions to which there is no one correct answer.
Honestly, you just have to find what works for you. Buy a few different
options and sell the ones you don't like to someone who wants them.

I've used just about every sling out there on my shotgun. As disparate
as this may seem, I've found the best two for me are a standard, USGI
on conventional swivels, or a Wilderness Tactical 3-point on side-mounted
swivels. The thing I like about the Wilderness Tactical sling is that it's a
really good fit for me as a 3-point sling. However, it can me adjusted to work
like a standard, 2-point sling, although it's a tiny bit more complicated than a
standard, USGI sling.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:12:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I use the same sling from my AR on my shotgun.  It can be a single point or two point but I prefer a single.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 8:40:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I have switched from single point to two point slings. I like the VCAS two point which adjusts quickly to fully extended for shooting or to shortened for securing the rifle close to the body. I am trying the Proctor sling for my shotgun and will run it in a class soon. It is very light and attaches with 550 cord. It is also very simple and inexpensive. Here it is in the shortened position.

</a>" />
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:33:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I use a magpul MS3 sling. There's three ways I utilize it:
1: in single point when I'm actually shooting and moving around.
2: in two point when I'm setting up targets and walking around casually.
3: not on the gun at all when I'm home as a sling in a home defense scenario would be more of an encumberance and potentially a liability. This is why it's nice having a sling system that you can quickly detach from the gun.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:11:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys!  Some good info to start with.

Splice:  Are you left handed or does your setup just work better for you that way?

Also, what mag extension is that?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:42:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use a magpul MS3 sling. There's three ways I utilize it:
1: in single point when I'm actually shooting and moving around.
2: in two point when I'm setting up targets and walking around casually.
3: not on the gun at all when I'm home as a sling in a home defense scenario would be more of an encumberance and potentially a liability. This is why it's nice having a sling system that you can quickly detach from the gun.

<a href="http://s2.photobucket.com/user/SpIice/media/B7E6DA66-1087-4651-B5E1-EAA49606709A_zpsfyrbtcw8.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/SpIice/B7E6DA66-1087-4651-B5E1-EAA49606709A_zpsfyrbtcw8.jpg</a>
View Quote

Wut?

ETA OP I really like that sling but I think the VTAC padded one may be a little nicer for around the same price. VTAC padded sling
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top