Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2014 1:07:41 AM EDT
I recently picked up a Remington 1100 Tactical.  I would like to add a weapon light to the shotgun.  What is a good setup for this?  Light, mount, forend?  I normally go with the Surefire forends, but see they don't offer one for the 1100.

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:22:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I have that exact setup on my 870 and I love it!
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:38:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I personally cannot afford to have a bunch of tactical lights, one for each weapon and 1-2 for handheld use. I figured I'd get a decent mount like the Vltor QD Offset Scout Mount so I can quickly & easily remove the light, swap it from weapon to weapon or use it hand-held. One tip about QD mounts, or light mounts specifically, if anyone plans on swapping it from one weapon to another ... don't get a LaRue mount. You need a tool to adjust the tension from one rail to another. The ADM mount that Vltor uses does not require tools. That mount also releases the light from the mount entirely once the lever is released. That's another handy feature, you don't have to carry the mount around if you want to use it hand-held. LaRue mounts do not have that feature. I wish Bobro made a light mount.

I have been seriously considering the Nordic Components Shotgun Barrel Clamp w/Rail $47.95. Might be able to find it cheaper elsewhere.

Many believe in having a dedicated light for each weapon. I agree, but I'm a huge fan of quality & well thought out QD mounts.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 4:20:25 PM EDT
[#4]
For my 1100, I bought a KZ flashlight mount with the picatinny (sp?) section. It was $19.99 at Botach. I then mounted a standard TLR-1 and it works fine. A little lock-tight keeps it from slidding on the mag tube from heavy recoil.  I have the same set up on my 870 and a Mossberg. As a side note, my Surefire pistol light flew right off with the first shot while the TLR hangs on for dear life no problem.

I would love a Surefire shotgun light but not for $300. This way I can remove the light, mount it on my pistol or other guns.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:18:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For my 1100, I bought a KZ flashlight mount with the picatinny (sp?) section. It was $19.99 at Botach. I then mounted a standard TLR-1 and it works fine. A little lock-tight keeps it from slidding on the mag tube from heavy recoil.  I have the same set up on my 870 and a Mossberg. As a side note, my Surefire pistol light flew right off with the first shot while the TLR hangs on for dear life no problem.

I would love a Surefire shotgun light but not for $300. This way I can remove the light, mount it on my pistol or other guns.
View Quote

I am running an EOTech/L3/Insight WL-1-AA on my 1100.  It is a Picatinny QD mount light with a tape switch.  I have it on a Picatinny adapter attached to the extended magazine tube.  The tape switch is attached via velcro hook and loop to the forestock, so it can be easily removed if I want to take off the light.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 8:51:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies guys!  If anyone is using anything else, please post it up.  I have a couple Surefire tube lights and an X300 laying around I could use with some of the mounts that were posted.  

My 1100 is going to Vang Comp next week for some work, so I'll have a little bit of time to decide.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top