Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2014 11:13:00 AM EDT
In September I started this topic, ATI Benelli M4 Raven Stock ? ? ? , but it appears to be archived now so I couldn't update the thread. Strange that the topic is not even 3 months old and it's archived.

Anyways ... ended up buying one of those ATI Raven Stocks for my Benelli M4. The finish looked great. Yes as everyone has mentioned in other reviews, the design is quite complicated, quite a few parts.  

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 11:16:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I admit that it is a bit heavy, but it does everything I wanted it to do. I love that the cheek rest can easily be moved up or down. I'm using a Vortex SPARC with a Bobro mount so on & off is very easy along with cheek rest height.

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 11:17:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I have only done a few mag dumps with this since I got all my 922r Compliance parts on. The stock has already shown signs of being a POS The exterior rubber coating started to blister. I picked at it and most of it is coming off.

Before buying this stock I knew of ATI's reputation. I gambled and I think I lost. No wonder this stock is referred to as "the grip of shame". It still functions, but for how long? We will see.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 2:28:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Sucks it didn't hold up but the design looks nice.

Craig
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 1:01:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Can you put an AR15 stock on it?  I know for a fact I have always mentioned on other forums that it looks like they just attached AR15 buffer tube on their grip. I never will own an ATI product.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 1:04:17 AM EDT
[#5]
OEM Benelli C-Stocks are available right now for $260 shipped to your door.  Recommend buying one ASAP before they dry up.

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 4:42:13 AM EDT
[#6]
grabbed a stock and 7 round tube, figured now is a good time as any and seems to be the cheapest I have found lately. Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:40:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I was never a fan of the ATI design. Really sucks to see it deteriorate like that. Have you contacted ATI to see if they'd replace it? From what I've seen, ATI stocks aren't cheap for the M4.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:07:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can you put an AR15 stock on it?  I know for a fact I have always mentioned on other forums that it looks like they just attached AR15 buffer tube on their grip. I never will own an ATI product.
View Quote

I haven't tried that. It's been a while since I put that stock on, but I remember the stock not being able to come right off like an AR stock. If I recall correctly, I think you have to remove 2 allen screws in order to take off the slide lock adjustment lever first or something like that.

The only reason I bought it was because of the 6 position stock adjustment AND the adjustable cheek rest. That is a really nice feature that all other Benelli M4 stocks do not have.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:18:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was never a fan of the ATI design. Really sucks to see it deteriorate like that. Have you contacted ATI to see if they'd replace it? From what I've seen, ATI stocks aren't cheap for the M4.
View Quote

I'm not a big fan of ATI either. That stock was not cheap at all. I was hoping they had a really nice product for the Benelli M4.

No I haven't contacted them. I probably should though. I believe the stock came with a warranty/registration card, but do ya think I filled it out and sent it in? Nope. Actually I'm pretty sure I threw all that stuff in the trash last week. I'll probably give them a call.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:53:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
OEM Benelli C-Stocks are available right now for $260 shipped to your door.  Recommend buying one ASAP before they dry up.

<a href="http://s921.photobucket.com/user/calviroman/media/M4S90/20140726_114057_zps1e611ab1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad51/calviroman/M4S90/20140726_114057_zps1e611ab1.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s921.photobucket.com/user/calviroman/media/M4S90/20140726_113855_zps8cbe7246.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad51/calviroman/M4S90/20140726_113855_zps8cbe7246.jpg</a>
View Quote

Yup... I've done the same. They're too cheap not to right now. Got both a factory 7rnd tube and a C Stock.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:15:30 PM EDT
[#11]
From where?
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:35:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Gunbroker... $260 for just the stock, $420 for the combo with factory 2 end extension or full length tube, your choice.  Not long ago just the stocks were $550 each.

His name is Antoine... (909) 659-1050
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 3:06:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Gunbroker... $260 for just the stock, $420 for the combo with factory 2 end extension or full length tube, your choice.  Not long ago just the stocks were $550 each.

His name is Antoine... (909) 659-1050
View Quote

I've bought from him a couple times, good to go.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:55:24 PM EDT
[#14]
From ATI:

Xxxxxxx, we are sorry to see this issue with your stock's cheekrest. This was something that popped up on a limited number of our first run of cheekrests. We do have a lifetime warranty so getting this replaced will be no hassle at all.

Also, did you just get the stock for your M4? When sending out replacement parts we would be willing to include some other accessories for your use/review. Email us at [email protected] and we will be more than happy to work with you to get this resolved in a timely manner.

Regards, Matt - ATI
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:38:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
From ATI:

Xxxxxxx, we are sorry to see this issue with your stock's cheekrest. This was something that popped up on a limited number of our first run of cheekrests. We do have a lifetime warranty so getting this replaced will be no hassle at all.

Also, did you just get the stock for your M4? When sending out replacement parts we would be willing to include some other accessories for your use/review. Email us at [email protected] and we will be more than happy to work with you to get this resolved in a timely manner.

Regards, Matt - ATI
View Quote

Holy cow! Thank you VERY much StrangerDanger ! ! !

I just sent them an email including a brief explanation, a couple pics and the message you posted. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:10:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I just sent them an email including a brief explanation, a couple pics and the message you posted. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
From ATI:

Regards, Matt - ATI

Glad to see ATI is taking care of the issue at least...

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:54:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Just as StrangerDanger said, ATI is sending me a new cheek rest and their other Benelli M4 parts for personal use/review on the Benelli M4 forum. I already let them know I currently have a FFT full length titanium mag tube, US aluminum follower and the ATI stock, but they still insisted on sending the other parts. They requested that if I don't use them to please send them to someone who will.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:53:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Glad to hear they stepped up and will get your product taken care of.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:50:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Glad to hear they stepped up and will get your product taken care of.
View Quote

Me too, but I'm more surprised that you actually stepped up and took care of business for me

I really appreciate your initiative, as it really did light a fire under my ass and prompted me to contact them personally. I am overall very pleased with my ATI Raven Stock. It has adjustable LOP and the adjustable cheek rest which is wonderful with my Vortex SPARC with Bobro mount. Now that ATI is sending me a replacement cheek piece, I feel compelled to disassemble the ATI stock set, weigh it and report the overall weight in order to give an honest review. The overall weight is honestly one thing, at least in my personal web searches, I have not found in any review I've read regarding this stock. I recall reading statements that say something like, "it felt heavy", but just what is the weight? I Don't know.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 10:14:28 AM EDT
[#20]
I'd be interested in finding out what the stock assembly weighs. I asked ATI if they'd send me one testing and review. I have three m4's now, so I have plenty for a test bed.

The M4 has been my personal project gun for about a decade now. The Benelli forum has the best information available for the platform. A lot of the industry support trolls there.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 8:26:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'd be interested in finding out what the stock assembly weighs. I asked ATI if they'd send me one testing and review. I have three m4's now, so I have plenty for a test bed.

The M4 has been my personal project gun for about a decade now. The Benelli forum has the best information available for the platform. A lot of the industry support trolls there.
View Quote

I am a member on that forum too and yes LOTS of excellent info there. I've followed a lot of your threads as well.

I wanted to weigh the stock once it arrived (due to the lack of a published weight), but I neglected to do so because I was too anxious to install it. I somewhat recently had a house fire (massive smoke damage), but I will run over there, clean up my digital scale and see if it still works. IF it works I'll disassemble the stock kit, weight it and report back.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 8:13:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Sorry to hear about your house. I can't imagine going through that. I hope you had insurance.

That would be very helpful. I asked ATI for a set to do a review on, but I kind of doubt they'll do it.
I have weighed the OEM collapsible stock and pistol grip. That unit comes out to weighing 1 pound, 8.85 ounces.

Glad you liked the tutorials over at the other site. They were made since I couldn't find the information when I was looking for it myself. Fortunately, they've helped a lot of people update their older M4's and help lead people through some of the crappy aftermarket parts available.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 11:43:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Sorry to hear about your house. I can't imagine going through that. I hope you had insurance.

That would be very helpful. I asked ATI for a set to do a review on, but I kind of doubt they'll do it.
I have weighed the OEM collapsible stock and pistol grip. That unit comes out to weighing 1 pound, 8.85 ounces.

Glad you liked the tutorials over at the other site. They were made since I couldn't find the information when I was looking for it myself. Fortunately, they've helped a lot of people update their older M4's and help lead people through some of the crappy aftermarket parts available.
View Quote

I received the new cheek piece from ATI. It fits and functions as it is intended.

ATI was a bit confused as to who they were sending the cheek piece and "other Benelli M4 accessories" to. They evidently thought StrangerDanger and I were the same person. They have it straightened out now. I was informed by ATI that they are sending a package to StrangerDanger for him to review.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 4:53:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Good to hear they got you your parts. Yes, there was some confusion on their part, but it got straightened out. I haven't heard back from them on if they want me to test out their products. I'll be surprised if they do honestly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top