Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2014 10:27:33 PM EDT
Earlier this year, I wanted a Shotgun "fun gun" and after doing some looking around, I decided on the CZ 612 HC-P.

It's basically a less expensive CZ version of the Super Nova tactical. 20" barrel, fiber-optic ghost ring sight, fiber-optic front sight, weaver style top rail, and a ambidextrous sling mounting system.

After spending time getting familiar with it at the range blasting clay birds and laundry jugs, I put it away for the hot summer months. Once squirrel season came around, I was having mixed results using my Mossberg 9200 semi-auto 12ga on the local squirrel hordes, so the CZ crept back into my thoughts.

I thought the weaver rail would make it easy to mount an optical sight on it, so I ordered one up and got a Carlson's full choke for the barrel. I used some old fashion pumpkin ball slugs to sight it in, and then took it hunting with some handloaded #6 shells.

The gun is deadly on any squirrel within 40yds, and the dot sight makes even fast moving targets easy to hit. In the few weeks using The CZ 612 HC-P, I think I have a new hunting gun too.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:43:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice gun and good kill on Mr. Squirrel.  How'd he taste?

Also...who are the hot babes in the bikinis?
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 9:36:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice gun and good kill on Mr. Squirrel.  How'd he taste?

View Quote

He was just one of about 90+ that have made the trip to my freezer.

I think I used some fish fry mix on him and a few of his friends and deep fried them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top