Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2014 2:17:42 PM EDT
So I have this new production 590SP, that I want to put the old style wood furniture on.

As I understand it, all 500/590 series buttstocks are pretty much interchangeable.

What I'm worried about is the fore-end. Like I said, mine is a 2014 production, so I need the double-bar type pump?

The 500 and 590 fore-ends interchange too, don't they? Provided it's the proper length, which mine is the longer 7.75" one.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 12:52:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I have this new production 590SP, that I want to put the old style wood furniture on.

As I understand it, all 500/590 series buttstocks are pretty much interchangeable.

What I'm worried about is the fore-end. Like I said, mine is a 2014 production, so I need the double-bar type pump?

The 500 and 590 fore-ends interchange too, don't they? Provided it's the proper length, which mine is the longer 7.75" one.
View Quote

Yes, with the exception of .410 buttstocks and the new Flex series buttstocks.  20 gauge buttstocks will fit a 12 gauge receiver, but the receiver will be slightly proud of the buttstock (hardly noticeable).

Yes, you have two action bars, so you will need a fore-end made to accommodate two action bars.  Only the early 500s had a single action bar.

500 and 590 fore-ends interchange within the same action tube length (there is also a 6-1/2" length in common use) and gauge (there is no interchangeability between gauges).  You'll need a 12 gauge fore-end made for the 7-5/8" action tube.  Due to all the variations in wood fore-ends made over the 500's 50+ year production, you may need to rely upon the seller's description.

If you haven't found it already, go to the "Modern Shotgun Stocks" section:  http://www.havlinsales.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top