Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2014 2:31:05 AM EDT
I have read that the butt pads of a Remington 870 12 guage are the same size and will crossfit with no fitting between the different 870's.
Can anyone confirm or deny this, I have a set of police wood that needs a butt pad and was told a Wingmaster or Express would be an exact fit.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:02:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I would check with the maker of the recoil pad and see if they offer a different pad for the express or wingmaster stocks.  They are definitely very similar but might not be exactly the same.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:54:10 AM EDT
[#2]
In my experience, they may be very, very close but you can't count on it being an exact fit. Nothing can match a pad/plate that is sanded to fit WITH the stock. Wood is a natural product so expect minor variances between stocks especially if they were made a few years apart or from different materials (Walnut, Birch, plastic, laminate wood).

FWIW- The Pachmeyer "pre-fit" designs are generally close enough if you are not looking for a "custom stock maker" look.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:27:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Theoretically, they are all the same.
Reality is there are variations.
I recently purchased a Remington brand pad for my 870 wood.  The replacement is 1/8 to 1/16 wider and longer.  I'll have to break out the belt sander and sand to fit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top