Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2014 12:28:46 AM EDT
throw in the fact I live in NY. I have to either buy ammo from a shop or order from a select few retailers and have it shipped to a FFL who will charge a fee.

In the long run would the performance be essentially the same but I could use readily avaliable buckshot?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:27:17 AM EDT
[#1]
From the tests I have seen and the little I have actually witnessed the Flight control it will usually edge out the vang comp system but not always by much. If you want to shoot a lot and buy ammo I would just get your gun done. If you arent going to shoot much and the FC stuff works in your gun then suck it up and pay the premium for a case or whatever quantity you want to stash and never worry about it again.

After my tests I decided that I dont need either in home and can do alright outside too. I love the ability to take nice aimed shots at 40-50 yards with buckshot but realistically I just dont need it for my purposes.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:33:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I had my 870 backbored and ported by Hans Vang years ago, I like the fact that I can use any ammo and keep the pattern compact.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top