Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2014 9:24:40 PM EDT
I have a new Surefire DSF forend that I want to throw on my second year Wingmaster. The only problem, is that I want to keep the factory forend setup original for field work.  

Would I have a problem buying a new forend tube assembly from Midway or whoever and throwing it right in there? Or do I need to get a Wingmaster assembly from the same time frame?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:44:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Ask and ye shall find;

Brownells

Remember you will also need a "Forend Tube Nut" for $10 as well.

What you intend to do should require no more work then what is required for a detailed cleaning. I would just make sure the new action bars function reliably with your old bolt assembly as these parts tend to "wear-in" together.

ETA- I have used recently manufactured Remington factory parts to fix 870s mfg. as far back as 1971. I believe you should be good to go but I have no direct experience with guns older than that.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:32:30 PM EDT
[#2]
There is an extra tab on post-1984 fore end tube assemblies (action bar LH side) that was not present in 1952. You can remove the tab, and it will work fine. Alternatively you could replace the slide (aka bolt carrier).

Technical differences were discussed here: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_1/430958_.html&page=1&anc=bottom#bottom
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:10:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies folks! Will let you know how it goes.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:07:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I saw someone selling  used 870 slide tubes for really good prices in the EE recently.
Not sure if the ad is still up, but it might be worth looking.
ETA a disclaimer: it is not my ad!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top