Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2014 6:26:04 PM EDT
I've been looking for an OU, and I had an opportunity to pick up a Fausti Field Hunter 12ga for cheap, so I pulled the trigger.

I don't know a whole lot about shotguns, but I figured this would be a good starting gun to get my feet wet in the clay games.

The fit of the wood isn't perfect, and there's a couple of cosmetic blemishes from the previous owner. I know it's not a B gun, but I'd like to think that maybe this was a better choice than a Stoeger or some of the Turkish options out there.

What do I need to know now?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:22:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Pattern it, make sure the barrels are regulated properly (shoot to the same POI) and it shoots where you look.

If not you are in for some tuff sledding.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:24:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pattern it, make sure the barrels are regulated properly (shoot to the same POI) and it shoots where you look.

View Quote

I'm not sure I know what that means.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 4:16:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It means that if the barrels do not both hit at the same spot, and the gun does not shoot where you look, you are going to miss a lot of birds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top