Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2014 6:53:10 PM EDT
Who here has one? I need to know how this compares in recoil to the Benelli M1 or a versa max? More less the same?.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 7:03:51 PM EDT
[#1]
When it works?

I owned a JaM Pro, so did 2 buddies.
we all have VMs now.

VM is softer but really - all gas will be softer than inertia

If you want reliability
Inertia-Stoeger 3000 or Benelli M2
Gas-VM or Beretta 1301
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 7:24:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I just wrote this in another post.

I bought a 930 JM this month even after hearing alot of the "horror stories" about how it jams and wont cycle. I've only shot it once so far but in that one day I shot 20 rounds of mixed buckshot to function test it then went on to shoot 101 rounds of bulk Federal #8 and #7.5 shot from Walmart in a sporting clays match. All of the buckshot and birdshot worked 100% in my 930, not a single jam all day.

I've never owned a Benelli or Versa max so I couldn't tell you if one is better than the other.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:46:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine runs and runs. I did eventually have to clean the carbon build up off the gas system after about 800 rounds. But after that it runs and runs.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:24:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the 22in version and I love it. Eats anything I throw at it.

I did have a problem when I first bought it with shells not releasing from the magazine. I emailed mossberg and got prepaid shipping label. Couple week later it was in my hands and ran like a champ.

Great gun at a great price!

Craig
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:34:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When it works?

I owned a JaM Pro, so did 2 buddies.
we all have VMs now.

VM is softer but really - all gas will be softer than inertia

If you want reliability
Inertia-Stoeger 3000 or Benelli M2
Gas-VM or Beretta 1301
View Quote

What ammo were you trying?  Any Winchester Universal / SuperSpeed / SuperTrap in there?  They are the bane of gas guns.

No trouble out of my SPX (not a JM) after adding a Wolff mag tube spring and a little deburing in the mag tube.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:41:49 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a jm pro 22" model. I have now ran mine for this whole 3 gun season. 16 matches and un-telling how many rounds through it at home. I would say there is every bit of 4000 rounds through it. I have done a lot of modifications to it (opening loading port, welding lifter, low drag follower, extended tube, rounded and polished the shell stop and a lot more). The only one that I actually had to do to the gun to make it run was the shell stop. Most people I have talked to that swear against a jm pro have either done bought a vm or Benelli. Or have never took the gas system apart and cleaned under the piston rings. They are great guns for the money and with just a little fine tuning they run like a top. Mine has had maybe 4-5 jams since I worked the shell stop ~3k rounds ago. As for recoil, it is significantly less then a Benelli and less then an fn-slp. As far as a vm I do not know because I have never shot one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top