Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2014 7:20:14 PM EDT
Took out the brand new 590A1 with ghost rings up on the mountain to shoot just a few minutes ago, tried some slugs i had at about 35yds, and they were hitting about 12" low.  I fired some 00 buck as well, and it seemed to be centered in the same area.  I also had some bird shot, it seemed to shoot low, but not quite as low as the rest.  I tried adjusting my rear ghost ring, but I couldn't remember which way it needed, so I just adjusted and aimed way over my target.  Anyone want to help me out??  I fool mostly with old mil-surps, so you'd think I could figure it out, but I've never messed with sites on a shotgun...

Other than the whole shooting about a foot low, the thing ran like a champ, and with my extra limbsaver pad, it makes even those heavy loads bearable
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:31:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine put shot exactly where I aim, only slugs hit low. I did have to adjust the rear sight to get there though.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:24:47 PM EDT
[#2]
So I studied the book, and it appears I need to raise my rear site, since I'm shooting low.  Book said to move the site where I want it to go, so it needs to go up.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:25:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Shooting Low-rear sight up or front site down
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:48:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Took out the brand new 590A1 with ghost rings up on the mountain to shoot just a few minutes ago, tried some slugs i had at about 35yds, and they were hitting about 12" low.  I fired some 00 buck as well, and it seemed to be centered in the same area.  I also had some bird shot, it seemed to shoot low, but not quite as low as the rest.  I tried adjusting my rear ghost ring, but I couldn't remember which way it needed, so I just adjusted and aimed way over my target.  Anyone want to help me out??  I fool mostly with old mil-surps, so you'd think I could figure it out, but I've never messed with sites on a shotgun...

Other than the whole shooting about a foot low, the thing ran like a champ, and with my extra limbsaver pad, it makes even those heavy loads bearable
View Quote

So you found a 590a1? Cool! Weren't you the one that crate a thread about the difficulty in finding one as they were never at your gun shop?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:37:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So you found a 590a1? Cool! Weren't you the one that crate a thread about the difficulty in finding one as they were never at your gun shop?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, that was me.  I ended up driving to cabelas on saturday and picking one up.  I had a coupon to use, so that helped out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top