Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2014 4:53:04 PM EDT
I have an 870 I am SBS'ing and I'd like to get info on possible shops or options for the work..

I am curious if there are any companies that install pic rails on the top of the 870 receivers?

Most of the saddle-type solutions don't really appeal to me and I'd like a more permanent solution to adding a rail. Ideally I'd be able to run with either an H1 or a Trijicon optic.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 4:56:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe this Mesa
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 5:05:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the option but that is not at all what I want. I am looking for a pic rail on the receiver alone and more or less am curious of a custom shop that can do the service (probably weld it on).

Some of the products out there are interesting but this is a standard 870 Express so likely spot welding a pic rail is the only solid and durable solution.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 5:21:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the option but that is not at all what I want. I am looking for a pic rail on the receiver alone and more or less am curious of a custom shop that can do the service (probably weld it on).

Some of the products out there are interesting but this is a standard 870 Express so likely spot welding a pic rail is the only solid and durable solution.
View Quote

I'm pretty sure any good smith can drill and tap your 870 for a rail.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 5:38:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't want to have it set by screws. I've owned an 870 tactical and the rail loosened over time.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 6:06:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Hans did the work on my super mag and my police that i sbs

https://www.vangcomp.com/

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 6:32:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hans did the work on my super mag and my police that i sbs

https://www.vangcomp.com/

View Quote

Did he put a pic rail or just cut/crown the barrel?

I'll email them anyway since I know they are well known for quality work.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:36:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Another option is Grizzly Custom Guns.  I don't know if they are still doing 870 work or not but you can find multiple pictures around the web of different options he was offering for rails on 870s.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:13:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Another option is Grizzly Custom Guns.  I don't know if they are still doing 870 work or not but you can find multiple pictures around the web of different options he was offering for rails on 870s.
View Quote

10-4, I'll look into them...still haven't received a reply from Vangcomp.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:20:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I've seen plenty of drilled and tapped rails, but never one that was welded.  The ones I've seen have held well if done property.

Even a weld could work free over time, just like the seal on silver solder, especially since you're welding onto the main area where the action is working.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:55:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've seen plenty of drilled and tapped rails, but never one that was welded.  The ones I've seen have held well if done property.

Even a weld could work free over time, just like the seal on silver solder, especially since you're welding onto the main area where the action is working.
View Quote

+1

Properly drilled and tapped holes, the threaded holes and screws cleaned, degreased and loctited...it aint goin' nowhere.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:52:04 PM EDT
[#11]
This wasn't the case with my Remington 870 tactical.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 6:13:00 AM EDT
[#12]
He did say "properly".  Guncat from Rose Action Sports (see above post) would do you right.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 12:51:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I would opt for a drilled and tapped with the screws with Loctite on the screws.  If your worried about them backing out then you could just stake them in place.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top