Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2014 5:17:30 PM EDT
Where did that long thread for the TACSX2 12 gauge from ATI go?
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:20:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I also noticed American Tactical Imports is no longer listed in The Industry.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:21:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I also noticed American Tactical Imports is no longer listed in The Industry.
View Quote

exactly. All I wanted was an explanation. I think the design was finally procured by Tristar and legalities caught up with being able to import them through ATI. Just my assumption. In any event, the forum will most likely remain silent of the issue, which is probably the best for all parties.

they are no longer on palmetto either and look to be out of stock everywhere else. Glad I picked one up while I could.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:55:18 AM EDT
[#3]
That is disappointing. Has anyone found a good way to mount a red dot on one of these?  I absolutely have been impressed with this shotgun.  No feed issues once it was broken in.  Cycles very fast and keeps a very tight pattern.  VERY happy.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:18:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Just got mine working and went to post in the thread and saw it was gone along with ATI.

Too bad. Great gun. Wish I would have bought 5 more.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 7:34:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm curious what happened as well as there was TONS of good information in that thread.  I wish that there was some way to recover it and save it for personal use.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 10:18:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm curious what happened as well as there was TONS of good information in that thread.  I wish that there was some way to recover it and save it for personal use.
View Quote

+1,000,000,000,000

Maybe shadetree gunsmithing was hurting component manufacturers feelings in the process.

Maybe it wont bee too long before this one is gone too.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 5:10:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Has anyone found a good way to mount a red dot sight?   The receive is aluminum not a good option to drill and tap.  The grooves on top are a little tough to find something to fit.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 3:13:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the TACSX2 Combo with 18" and 28" barrel.  

The only mods:  Loctite Stock bolt.  Cleaned Gas ports on both barrels with 7/64" drill bit.  

I have had nothing but success with Remmy Buckshot, Walmart Federal Multi Purpose loads and a bunch of really old pheasant and turkey loads.  Both barrels cycled fine.

This gun is a runner.

I think the combo is still available on Grabagun, but the price went up from 325 to 360.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 6:19:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Has anyone tried shooting slugs through the 18" barrel?
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 6:29:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have not but I hear because of the constricted ID of the bore at the muzzle, you cannot shoot solid/ball slugs. I forget the terminology but the slug has to have the hollow cavity in order to compress.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 10:07:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I have not but I hear because of the constricted ID of the bore at the muzzle, you cannot shoot solid/ball slugs. I forget the terminology but the slug has to have the hollow cavity in order to compress.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Foster slugs I beleve...  IIRC the rifled slugs are the ones you want and not an unrifled solid slug.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:21:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

+1,000,000,000,000

Maybe shadetree gunsmithing was hurting component manufacturers feelings in the process.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1,000,000,000,000

I wonder if the mods have any way to restore/revive that one thread?
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 7:10:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1,000,000,000,000

Someone would have to message them and find out.  There was ALOT of good information in that thread and I'd love to have it available agian as I didn't copy and save it in word.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 1:48:31 PM EDT
[#14]
At any rate these are the O rings you will likely need to install/replace

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005RUR56A/ref=biss_dp_t_asn

M2x25 Viton O-Ring, 75A Shore Durometer, Round
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 1:49:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Great video on O rings for the shotgun and where to install them:

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 6:38:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I bought an sx2 from palmetto state armory the second time they were on sale. mostly because I ran across the missing thread.. I did replace the O rings mostly because I screwed one up when I took it apart to clean it. First time I took it out was to an indoor range that allowed only slugs or buckshot . I would not recommend slugs do to the full choke. Shot 25 remington slugger 1oz slugs fairly quickly plus 25 round of some cheap 00 buck from walmart and it got very hot. When I cleaned it the next evening it looked like the heat from the gas ports showed it nearly melted the tube around the gas ports. Cleaned up okay though with some fine steel wool. I was looking forward to getting a 28 inch barrel but I guess thats out now. I thought about sending it to brileys to see if it could be threaded for choke tubes or to have the barrel reamed out to imp cyl. but I have done neither. I might try it dove hunting this year with this year just or fun as I am not a serious bird hunter I think its was a great deal and it has not failed to fire or eject in the time I have had it. wish I would have bought a couple more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top