Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2014 7:00:31 PM EDT
I just bought a used 870 12ga shotgun. it was won at a banquet so its new but the guy didn't have the box. I got it for $275. Looks new as well not a mark on it. I thought it was an 870 Express but after I bought it I looked closer and noticed it just says 870 on the receiver. Everything about it tome says 870 express but thinking maybe its just an 870. is there a difference between the 2?
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 10:23:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.  There's an 870 Wingmaster, much nicer, 870 Police which has metal bits instead of plastic ones, and 870 Express, which has killed millions of ducks and quite a few burglars.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:24:29 PM EDT
[#2]
If it's an Express, it'll have a plastic trigger guard and the new style magazine spring retention.
The new style retention is a plastic plug in the magazine tube.

Remington has changed the 870 receiver marking so many times it's difficult to know what you have based on just what's stamped on the receiver, unless it says Wingmaster or Police.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:52:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If it's an Express, it'll have a plastic trigger guard and the new style magazine spring retention.
The new style retention is a plastic plug in the magazine tube.

Remington has changed the 870 receiver marking so many times it's difficult to know what you have based on just what's stamped on the receiver, unless it says Wingmaster or Police.
View Quote

Awesome I actually looked it up and its a express...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top