Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2014 5:11:16 PM EDT
Just picked up my new-to-me 1100 today. The gun came with two barrels (a 26" VR skeet and a 28" plain mod.) and I kinda doubt either of them are original so barrel date codes are useless. I've been trying to find receiver S/N chart or something similar to what some other manufacturers have, but have had no luck. I've also read about a checkering pattern change that took place in or around '79 but I can't find a picture that shows the gen 1 vs the gen 2 checkering. The gun has the solid recoil plate with the curved buttstock

The receiver S/N is L668xxxV if that means anything to anyone.

The gun is a great shape and appears to have had very little use. I'm a happy camper!    Just trying to get a rough idea of the guns age if possible. And pics of the checkering styles would be awesome if someone has a link that shows them.

Thanks in advance for any insight...
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:24:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Just call Remington, there is an option on their menu for dating. Just did this yesterday for a new to me 1100, FWIW, May of 1987 is mine...
1-800-243-9700
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:49:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just call Remington, there is an option on their menu for dating. Just did this yesterday for a new to me 1100, FWIW, May of 1987 is mine...
1-800-243-9700
View Quote

I sent them an email request last night.  And I just tried calling the number you gave above, but they weren't open yet.  Either I'll get an email response or I'll try calling again later in the day.  For those interested, to keep from listening to the whole lengthy menu of options, historical info is reached by selecting option 7.

A member of another forum says that, based on the S/N, it was built somewhere between 1968 and 1973.  It does have the original generation 1 checkering pattern so I know it was at least pre '79.  From just a cursory inspection the gun doesn't appear to have been fired or used much at all.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:48:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Got a reply from Remington this morning.  My "new" gun was built in 1972.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:00:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Folks I'd like to thank you for posting this information about Remington. I had no idea I could call and get a firearm dated. I just got off the phone and found out my grandfather's  Sportsman 48 was actually a 1948 model...  I had no idea it was that old...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top