Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2014 7:50:58 AM EDT
I went to the local skeet/trap range for the first time a few weeks ago and enjoyed it, so I've been looking for a decent gun more suitable for the purpose than what I already have.  After a good bit of research, considering my budget, and shopping around I've found one that'll work for what I want.  

Hopefully picking up a new to me 1100 next week.  

I'm planning to install a new recoil pad and have decided on the Pachmayr SC100 grind-to-fit. I've installed Limbsaver pads before but from what I understand, the Pachmayr pads are a little different in their construction by having a metal insert in them. They come in small, medium, and large and their site gives dimensions of each. But, since I don't have the gun yet I can't actually measure the stock.

Ordinarily I'd wait until I actually had the gun but I'm placing an order for a few other things and would like to put the pad on the order so I'll get it by next weekend.  Planning on meeting the owner of the gun this coming Wednesday and if it is as described I'll be bringing it home.  And you know how it is to get a new toy.  I'd like to be able to start tinkering with it ASAP.    

So, can anyone tell me the correct size to get for the 1100? I may end up having to cut the stock back a bit to shorten the LOP although I don't know that for certain. If I do, the stock's butt will be a little smaller than original dimensions, so I'd like to get the smallest that will work with the standard stock so I'll have a little more room to grind to fit the shortened stock.

The small size measures 5.30"L X1.68"W, and the medium measures 5.50"L X 1.80"W.  I believe either will work in length, but what about width?

Can someone that has an 1100 with wood furniture tell me the width of the butt at its widest point?
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:41:26 PM EDT
[#1]
An old factory wood stock (1100) with the hard plastic but plate I have laying around measures 1.78” W x 4.95” H

When in doubt go with a Medium on a standard length sporter stock and Small on a youth stock. Those will work  95%  of  the time
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:02:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Steve.  That's what I needed.  Medium pad is now on order.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top