Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2014 10:45:30 PM EDT
Picked up an like new Benelli M4 today at a show and think I'm going to do a 922r conversion.  What's the Hive's consensus on the stock and/or package?  I know ATI was shit back in the day but it seems like they've gotten better since the new owners.  I've looked at the factory collapsible stocks and they're extremely overpriced and I hear they're very uncomfortable.  

Full 922r kit

Stock only

Update.  So today I ordered the Promag stock and forend, the Promag tube extension (got a hell of a deal on it,) the GG&G follower, and a US made 1/2" knurled charging handle.  This gives me five 922r compliance parts by my count and should put me in the clear.  I've already got a surefire light ready to go and all I need to find now is a horizontal 2-shot shell holder for the forend.  I know I saw it floating around the net somewhere but I can't seem to find it at the moment.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:57:50 AM EDT
[#1]
That is one ass ugly stock in my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:19:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Pretty expensive gun to be adorning with ATI parts..imo
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:24:11 AM EDT
[#3]
No fo.  Too much weight and unneeded complexity over the factory c-stock.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:40:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pretty expensive gun to be adorning with ATI parts..imo
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:14:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Just buy the Promag C Stock and forend. Visually it's hard to tell the difference between it and the Benelli offering.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 1:04:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the ATI Raven on my M4 and it is amazing.  very well made.  the recoil pad works very well.  Ill upload some pics in a bit
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:10:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Another vote for the Promag stock. If you can justify the expense on the c-stock, the promag version will be fine.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:04:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Another vote for the Promag stock. If you can justify the expense on the c-stock, the promag version will be fine.
View Quote

Yea, I think the Promag is going to be the one.  While I don't have much into the gun I'm NOT spending $500+ on a freaking stock that I guarantee costs about $50 to make, if that.  

How many parts do I need to replace?  

Does the stock count as two pieces?

I know for sure I'm going to be getting an extension tube.  Either a one-peice or just a replacement extension.  I'm also looking into bigger charging handles, a bigger bolt release, and a American made mag follower.  That should about cover it right?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:47:44 PM EDT
[#9]
The C stock does count as two pieces. You'll need a total of four US made parts from a specific list with the factory C stock. The screw on extension does not count as one. If you go with the full length tube then it does.
If you go with the Promag then you can count their handguard as one compliant part. The stock itself is questionable since 922R states "buttstock with integral grip". Factoring in your Promag forend, add a follower, and trigger group parts, and call it a day.
Myself, I went with the disconnector, hammer, trigger, and follower.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top