Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2013 7:05:06 AM EDT
Has anyone tried the Estate buckshot that Walmart is carrying? What were your experiences with it?

Link Posted: 9/21/2013 8:35:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Esate is now part of ATK.........Federal.

Box should say "Made in France"

These are imported from Cheddite

Cheddite also makes a lot of hulls and promo stuff for other US brands

GTG

Informal Testing
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 10:50:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Just personal opinion based on nothing particular:

It makes good practice ammo, but I'd be uncomfortable trusting it with my life.
If my life is at risk, I want only the finest ammo and gun possible.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:15:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Non-buffered, non-plated, soft lead shot. It is fine for training, practice and plinking but there are better choices for HD or hunting. With the rolled-crimp, the overall length of the loaded shell is probably a little longer than a star-crimped shell. This may or may not affect you magazine capacity and it may or may not work in a Saiga box/drum mag. I am not sure if this load will cycle a semi-auto. Don't pay more than ~$0.50 per round out-the-door.

ETA- with a muzzle velocity of 1325fps, this should cycle in a semi-auto.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:25:50 AM EDT
[#4]
It may be made by Federal, but the actual Federal branded box with the same load grouped much better than the Estate did out of my 870 Police Magnum.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 2:34:18 PM EDT
[#5]
It's practice 00. Nothing new or special too it.  I've run it & many other brands of 00. As said not SD ammo.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 7:57:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I have had bad luck with estate all around. the 00 grouped terribly and their dove load is completely worthless past 15yds as it opens up tremendously
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 7:04:46 PM EDT
[#7]
The roll crimp lands just short of 3" in terms of total length. Btw, I found Able ammo was cheaper than my local stores, even with shipping. Plus I tried some Cheddite branded stuff from them that had the star crimp, so reloadable at least.
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 7:11:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It may be made by Federal, but the actual Federal branded box with the same load grouped much better than the Estate did out of my 870 Police Magnum.
View Quote

Is it the same load, though? Same wad, same lead hardness, etc.?
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 7:57:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't examine it that closely.  Both were being sold side by side, with the same characteristics listed on the box and for the same price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top