Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2012 5:15:00 AM EDT
I found a NIB Mossberg 9200A1 "Jungle Gun" with factory folding stock on one of the forums and the price was right. So I bought it. I've always wanted one for my collection, but I could never find one for sale as a decent price in decent condition. Below are the pics.

Anyone here have one of the Jungle Guns?

Link Posted: 3/6/2012 5:17:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I've always liked those things. Don't forget to post pix.
Link Posted: 3/6/2012 5:33:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't have one, but always wanted one.
Link Posted: 3/11/2012 1:14:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a 9200 with an 18" barrel and pistol grip stock.
Not a jungle gun, but a fun gun to shoot. Shoots everything i feed it.
Actually more reliable with low brass than my 11/87 SP.
Link Posted: 3/11/2012 4:12:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok, I shot the M9200A1 today. Aside from having to learn a new loading procedure, the weapon cycled anything I put through it, from Hornady 00 buck to cheap wal-mart birdshot. I had zero malfunctions. The factory folding stock was very comfortable and was made by Choate. The weapon is chambered for 2 3/4 and 3" shells, unlike the first production run models which were only chambered for 2 3/4 shells. Follow up shots were very easy and the weapon pointed and patterned nicely.

I also took my 11-87P along for comparison. The 11-87P had slightly less felt recoil. Yet, the M9200A1 seemed to recoil more straight back whereas the 11-87P recoiled more upward. This could be due to the folding stock configuration.

I experienced zero malfunctions with the M9200A1. The weapon ran like a champ.
Link Posted: 3/11/2012 4:18:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I not only have never seen a Jungle gun with a factory folding stock, I somehow missed even seeing a picture.

So pictures wil be appreciated.  Congratulations on your latest acquisition.
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 3:48:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Pics will be posted tonight.
Link Posted: 3/13/2012 3:41:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Updated with pics for those who asked.
Link Posted: 3/13/2012 9:31:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I've got one and it's a love/hate relationship. The gun runs well, but reloading is awkward in a combat situation and it badly needs a heat shield to protect you hand when you flip it over to press buttons and load. Call Choate and they can provide a parkerized mag extension that matches the gun. The original gun had a cut down barrel (SBS) and a 4 shot mag made sense, but is not good for a combat gun, so get the  2 round extension.
Link Posted: 3/13/2012 11:33:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, I agree that the loading procedure isn't all that great, but I will get used to. And I agree about the heat shield. There's a company who sells the heatshields fro the heavy barrel 590s, I wonder if they will fit the M9200A1. I'll have to give it a whirl. And thanks for the tip about calling Choate. I hope they don't cost too much.
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 6:53:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
...when you flip it over to press buttons and load.

Sounds like an ole Remington Model 11... push the button to get the lifter to move so the gun an be loaded?

Not knowing anything about these guns... gas or recoil operated? What is the difference between the 9200 and 9200A1?

Link Posted: 3/24/2012 12:07:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
...when you flip it over to press buttons and load.

Sounds like an ole Remington Model 11... push the button to get the lifter to move so the gun an be loaded?

Not knowing anything about these guns... gas or recoil operated? What is the difference between the 9200 and 9200A1?

Gas operated, the 9200 is a sporting gun, the 9200 A1 "jungle gun" was a military contract gun for the US military for use in the drug war in Colombia.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top