Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2012 11:13:00 AM EDT
Interested in the Mossberg 930 SPX, would like to use it for up coming 3 gun match.  There was an archived thread about the 930 and someone said that it was not a good shotgun for 3 gun, why?  I like the roadblocker brake but the SPX doesn't seem to have it.  Can I buy a Roadblocker barrel separate and swap it for the 930 SPX?
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 5:43:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I got one for my birthday beginning of january, took it out for its maiden voyage today.

it ran great with every ammo I could throw at it. I am very happy with my new shotgun.

the only reason I could think someone may not like it, would be the ridiculous LOP. its friggin long. I'm already in process to devise a way to reliably shorten the recoil tube and stock.

I would assume that you can most likely get the roadblocker barrel and it should just drop in. although a more cost effective route may be to purchase the roadblocker and add a nordic components or other manufacturer extended mag tube.
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 6:36:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for the reply.  Problem is I like the SPX grip on the shotgun but I'm not a fan of the way the stock looks on it.  For some reason it looks like a lot of unneeded polymer.  Do you have the straight stock or the pistol grip?  I have already thought of going with the roadblock'er and adding the tube, but I like the ghost ring and front sight that goes along with the SPX pistol grip weapon.  Figured if I went with an add on roadblocker barrel I could always swap it out when I wanted to.  Shoot now I want the XRail that holds 22 rounds since I saw it on Mr. Miculeks Mossberg 930.
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 6:46:04 PM EDT
[#3]
There are a few problems with the SPX.  First, it's not threaded for chokes - I've seen a lot of guys have problems knocking over steel with an open choked gun.

Second, it only holds 7+1.  You really want 8+1.  Reloading time is the name of the game in shotgun stages, and that extra round can make a big difference.  If you want a 930 a better option is to buy a regular 930 for a lot less money, then send the barrel off to Guncat (he's a member here) and have him cut it down & rethread just behind the ports.  You need to get rid of the ports unless you want to run open class.  I had my 26" field model cut down just behind the porting to 22".  Guncat (aka Rose Action Sports) does very nice work, quickly, and at a very reasonable price.  Then add an 8 round Nordic tube and you're in business.  You may want to weld up the lifter, also.  

Finally, most people find the ghost ring sights on the SPX to be slower than a plain bead.  That's just personal preference but a lot of people find it to be true.  I added rifle sights to mine.

You probably know this already, but if you run an x rail or roadblocker brake it will put you into open class, just like the factory porting will.  Then you'll need an Open rifle & pistol to be competitive.

You'll end up with a better shotgun than the SPX for a lot less money if you go this route.  Brian Enos forums has a lot of info on the 930 if you're interested.  Feel free to PM me for more info, I'd be happy to share.  Here's mine - I have about $600 total into it:

Link Posted: 2/4/2012 2:54:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I just picked mine up used yesterday. The first thing I noticed was the length of pull felt a little long,although I had just been shouldering a tiny 4.5" barrel 9mm AR.

The poster above me said capacity is 8, I don't know If you can ghost load the standard 930, but you can ghost load the 930spx to 9 shell capacity to start. I'm also wondering what welding the shell lifter up would accomplish, either a non functioning shotgun or if just the recessed area at the front of the lifter is welded it wouldn't catch your thumb.

I'm taking it out for the torture test today or tomorrow. So far just handeling it I like it. It feels light and the sights are nice. A longer barrel wouldn't hurt for 3 gun and you could have a longer mag tube as well. Over time I'll be looking for a longer barrel to throw on for 3 gun.
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 7:23:36 AM EDT
[#5]
The length of pull is definitely a problem for some people.  Unfortunately because of the buffer tube in the stock you can only shorten the stock about 1/2".  Standard LOP on a 930 is 14 1/2" IIRC.  That's a little long for most people.  I have long chimpanzee arms so it's not a big deal for me.  

The regular 930 can be ghost loaded just like the SPX.  I can ghost load mine and bring it up to 9+1.  Ghost loading is fine to start a stage, but once the shooting starts there's no way you can ghost load fast enough.  It's better to have a full 8 rounds in the tube.

Welding up the lifter helps prevent your thumb from getting stuck.  It's not absolutely necessary but a lot of people prefer it.  I welded mine up myself.  What makes an even bigger difference on the 930 is to file down the lip at the front of the receiver, right next to the mag tube.  There's an overhang that works like Chinese fingercuffs.  Filing that off makes a huge difference in loading ease.

The SPX will definitely work for 3 gun, don't get me wrong.  It's just not optimal.  You can take a regular 930 and make it into a much better competition gun.

Here's a pic of my lifter/loading port mods - it looks kind of rough but works well.  I need to refinish it yet.

Link Posted: 2/4/2012 7:35:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I find the LOP on the 930 SPX to be perfect.

My only complaint with my SPX is I got one with a canted front sight. Other than that, its one of my favorite shotguns.
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 7:58:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The length of pull is definitely a problem for some people.  Unfortunately because of the buffer tube in the stock you can only shorten the stock about 1/2".  Standard LOP on a 930 is 14 1/2" IIRC.  That's a little long for most people.  I have long chimpanzee arms so it's not a big deal for me.  

The regular 930 can be ghost loaded just like the SPX.  I can ghost load mine and bring it up to 9+1.  Ghost loading is fine to start a stage, but once the shooting starts there's no way you can ghost load fast enough.  It's better to have a full 8 rounds in the tube.

Welding up the lifter helps prevent your thumb from getting stuck.  It's not absolutely necessary but a lot of people prefer it.  I welded mine up myself.  What makes an even bigger difference on the 930 is to file down the lip at the front of the receiver, right next to the mag tube.  There's an overhang that works like Chinese fingercuffs.  Filing that off makes a huge difference in loading ease.

The SPX will definitely work for 3 gun, don't get me wrong.  It's just not optimal.  You can take a regular 930 and make it into a much better competition gun.

Here's a pic of my lifter/loading port mods - it looks kind of rough but works well.  I need to refinish it yet.

Hey man thanks for all of the info in this post and the one above.  I have the M&P also and I love it, is that a 40 round AR mag?  Does the 40 make a big difference over 30's?  I see allot of the pro 3 gun guys running extended mags, wondered why they just didn't do mag changes but I guess ever little bit helps shave time.  I handled a 930 SPX today at a show and I didn't like the stock at all, think I will go with a standard 930, did yours have the 8 round tube or did you after market it?  Will you post a pic of the weld you talking about I'm not sure what your referring to exactly.  Do you like the wood furniture?  I'm more of a synthetic guy myself.  What did the gentleman charge you for the barrel to be cut down and threaded?  I have a local smith that does great work but it usually has a 2 month turn around time.  Why did you have threaded, was it for choke tubes or something else?
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 10:27:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes, that's a 40 round C-Products mag.  It actually holds something like 42 but I download it to 40.  Mag capacity kind of depends on the stage - if it's a short stage with less than 40 rounds it can make a big difference not having to change mags.  If it's a stage that requires 50 rounds then a mag swap would be necessary anyway, so then I usually just use two 30 rounders.  If the stage requires going prone then the 40 round mag can be a problem because it's so tall.  And some stages require a mandatory mag change.  It all just depends on the rules for that particular stage.

I added the 8 round Nordic tube myself.  I originally bought a Choate tube, but I could never get it to feed consistently.  The Nordic has a beveled lip where it meets the factory mag tube, and I think that helps.

If you look at my last picture you'll notice how the shell lifter has no cutout at the front.  The factory lifter has a half moon shape cut into it at the front.  That cutout combined with the overhang at the front of the receiver made it impossible for me to load quickly.  I filed off the overhang and welded in a small piece of steel to fill in the half moon cutout on the lifter.  I then filed down the welds to smooth everything out.  

I do like the wood furniture.  I just think it looks nice.  I got a good deal on the gun because it had a buggered up forend, so I actually stripped off the factory finish, sanded everything down, and refinished it with tung oil.  It's definitely not as durable as synthetic, though.  It's picked up a few dings over the past year.  I'm pretty much always the only guy at the match with a wood stocked shotgun, so it does stand out.  

I want to say GunCat charged me something like $75 to cut my barrel and rethread it for the factory chokes.  That was about a year go though, so I may not be remembering correctly.  I can tell you that he did a very nice job and had a very quick turnaround time.  He had my barrel back in the mail to me the day after he received it.  If you need shotgun work I would highly recommend him.

Link Posted: 2/4/2012 11:50:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I find the LOP on the 930 SPX to be perfect.

My only complaint with my SPX is I got one with a canted front sight. Other than that, its one of my favorite shotguns.

Contact Mossberg, they had barrels come with canted sites and were replacing them for customers. I would assume they still will do it.

Link Posted: 2/4/2012 11:54:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
There are a few problems with the SPX.  First, it's not threaded for chokes - I've seen a lot of guys have problems knocking over steel with an open choked gun.

Second, it only holds 7+1.  You really want 8+1.  Reloading time is the name of the game in shotgun stages, and that extra round can make a big difference.  If you want a 930 a better option is to buy a regular 930 for a lot less money, then send the barrel off to Guncat (he's a member here) and have him cut it down & rethread just behind the ports.  You need to get rid of the ports unless you want to run open class.  I had my 26" field model cut down just behind the porting to 22".  Guncat (aka Rose Action Sports) does very nice work, quickly, and at a very reasonable price.  Then add an 8 round Nordic tube and you're in business.  You may want to weld up the lifter, also.  

Finally, most people find the ghost ring sights on the SPX to be slower than a plain bead.  That's just personal preference but a lot of people find it to be true.  I added rifle sights to mine.

You probably know this already, but if you run an x rail or roadblocker brake it will put you into open class, just like the factory porting will.  Then you'll need an Open rifle & pistol to be competitive.

You'll end up with a better shotgun than the SPX for a lot less money if you go this route.  Brian Enos forums has a lot of info on the 930 if you're interested.  Feel free to PM me for more info, I'd be happy to share.  Here's mine - I have about $600 total into it:

Do what this guys says.  The SPX is trick if you don't want a gaming gun but if you do it is best to follow the above advice.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 9:54:07 AM EDT
[#11]
@ Alemonkey,
OK so now I'm wondering if I should just convert a Remington 11-87 that I have sitting in my safe, it has a field barrel and I use to use it for trap/skeet and goose.  Now it sits around because of others that I have, do you think it would be better to piece meal this into a nice semi auto for a three gun coming up or should I go with the Mossberg and convert like you did?  Think I would go the route of cutting down the field barrel so I can have the choke tube options instead of the 18.5 barrel on the SPX.  I have the cash to either convert the 11-87 or buy a new Mossberg, what do you think?
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 11:40:02 AM EDT
[#12]
@Alemonkey,
Just found a Jerry Miculek model 930 that has an 8+1 or a 9+1 tube and even a Flannigan 12+1 model.  Is there a limit on tube capacity for Limited/Tactical class?  Looking in the rules it says no barrel shall exceed 22" and tube length of 23" but nothing on round capacity.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 3:18:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
@Alemonkey,
Just found a Jerry Miculek model 930 that has an 8+1 or a 9+1 tube and even a Flannigan 12+1 model.  Is there a limit on tube capacity for Limited/Tactical class?  Looking in the rules it says no barrel shall exceed 22" and tube length of 23" but nothing on round capacity.

Yes there is a limit to rounds your shotgun can hold depending on the type of 3gun competition and their classifications. That is odd they limit the actual length, I've only see the limit listed by rounds.  I don't recall seeing a barrel length rule either.  Anyway, if you run more than an 8 +1 you would be put in the open class in most cases.

Personally, I feel the 18.5" barrel too short.  20-22" seems about optimal, I run 22".  

If you are used the to 11-87 I say stick with it.  Nordic tube, Dave's EZ loader or Competition Master carrier and you are pretty much set.  

Short story and something to consider, I contemplated changing to the 930 as well but got my 1100 running with some help.  While my 1100 was not functioning I borrowed an FN SLP and HATED it.  The manual of arms was not intuitive me during stages.  It was picky with how it was loaded and if the order was not done right it didn't like to cycle rounds.  I worry about changing to the 930 and having the same experience.  Maybe it's practice or whatever but did not like it, and having a pistol grip on it too.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 3:39:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
@Alemonkey,

Yes there is a limit to rounds your shotgun can hold depending on the type of 3gun competition and their classifications. That is odd they limit the actual length, I've only see the limit listed by rounds.  I don't recall seeing a barrel length rule either.  Anyway, if you run more than an 8 +1 you would be put in the open class in most cases.

Personally, I feel the 18.5" barrel too short.  20-22" seems about optimal, I run 22".  

If you are used the to 11-87 I say stick with it.  Nordic tube, Dave's EZ loader or Competition Master carrier and you are pretty much set.  

Short story and something to consider, I contemplated changing to the 930 as well but got my 1100 running with some help.  While my 1100 was not functioning I borrowed an FN SLP and HATED it.  The manual of arms was not intuitive me during stages.  It was picky with how it was loaded and if the order was not done right it didn't like to cycle rounds.  I worry about changing to the 930 and having the same experience.  Maybe it's practice or whatever but did not like it, and having a pistol grip on it too.

Thanks 007,
Yeah I'm giving serious thought to just using my 11-87, only problem is Brownells only carries a 7 round Nordic tube, I have a felling the anal retentive part of me will want that 8+1 instead of the 7+1.  What to do, spend 6 Benjamins or spend in the neighborhood of 3 and have one less round.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 4:00:20 PM EDT
[#15]

I have heard sometimes the 11-87 and 1100 can be a little finicky.  I have no experience with them, but a lot of guys locally here run them and they seem to work just fine.  If you already have one and it runs well that would probably make the most sense from a money standpoint.  I almost bought a used 1100 to convert but I got the 930 for a really good price.  There are a lot of aftermarket accessories for the Remington guns, too.  I think the 1187 uses the same tube as the 870 and 1100, doesn't it?  There should be plenty of 8 rounders available.

I agree with 007Kevin, I've never heard of barrel length restrictions either, but a lot of clubs use their own rules.  Most of them just restrict mag capacity and have a max of 8+1 for Tactical Optics or Irons.

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 4:42:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have heard sometimes the 11-87 and 1100 can be a little finicky.  I have no experience with them, but a lot of guys locally here run them and they seem to work just fine.  If you already have one and it runs well that would probably make the most sense from a money standpoint.  I almost bought a used 1100 to convert but I got the 930 for a really good price.  There are a lot of aftermarket accessories for the Remington guns, too.  I think the 1187 uses the same tube as the 870 and 1100, doesn't it?  There should be plenty of 8 rounders available.

I agree with 007Kevin, I've never heard of barrel length restrictions either, but a lot of clubs use their own rules.  Most of them just restrict mag capacity and have a max of 8+1 for Tactical Optics or Irons.

As far as the tube goes, check Nordic's website on fit.  You might be able to order directly from them now as well.  Might be tough too because everybody is prepping guns for the shooting season.  Just wait and get the 8 +1.  

The 11-87/1100s can be a little finicky but I have seen guys have issues with Benellis and FNs as well which are much harder IMHO to work on because of their inertia systems which tend to like 3+ dram loads and the parts will be more expensive.

With a little work and little money the 11-87/1100 will run well.  I was fortunate enough to have a friend who knows how to get them to do that and it took very very little time and money.  My 1100 issue was failure to go into battery, shell left on the carrier.  Ordered a new carrier assembly, adjusted the little prong on it, and a couple strokes of a small file to the corner of the carrier plate which the prong interacts with and it was running without issues through an entire tube of shells.  Cost me $35.  If you have a newer style carrier you should be fine.  I have an older 1100.

ETA - I just ordered a few spare parts that should cover most problems or failures the 1100 will have for around $50 I think.  Spare gas O-ring, gas piston, fore-end support, spare charging handle.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 12:08:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Think I have my mind set on the Mossberg 930 JM Pro Series, only think I don't like is that fact that the receiver is etched with Jerry Miculek Pro Series and I don't want to be labeled some wanna be JM fan boy, I like the guy just wish it wasn't engraved on the receiver.
Here is a pic
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 7:16:44 PM EDT
[#18]
What's that going for?  

I'm surprised it doesn't have ghost ring sites.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 4:10:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Here's my new beast.

20" BBl cut and threaded by Mike Orlen over at Shotgun World.

Just having a few issues with feeding.  Due to lip between nordic extension and factory tube.  Also might have my spring a bit too long causing too much pressure built up in magazine.

Base gun was the 930 waterfowl with matte finish.

A couple crappy cell phone pics:

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 6:20:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Here's my new beast.

20" BBl cut and threaded by Mike Orlen over at Shotgun World. [...]

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/jedi26nh/IMG-20120207-00001.jpg

As much as I like the tacticool all-black shotguns, this right here is plain sexy...
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 6:24:12 AM EDT
[#21]
That looks good NH!  

Now I need to try shooting one to see if and how much I like it.  I still like the idea of having their safety as it's easier for me being LH.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 6:50:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here's my new beast.

20" BBl cut and threaded by Mike Orlen over at Shotgun World. [...]

As much as I like the tacticool all-black shotguns, this right here is plain sexy...

+1

I've got two 930's. One I've started adding parts to turn into an SPX. I've got a barrel in hand, a ghost ring rear on order, and my Nordic extension should be here Friday. The second that currently sports a 28" field barrel Is gonna end up like his, although I'm thinking a 22" barrel. In fact, I'll call Mossberg and order some wood for her now! They've got about a 3 week lead time, so I gotta get it in now and forget about it.

My wallet hates you
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 9:24:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Is the receiver on a regular  930 (non-SPX) drilled and tapped for the rail?
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 9:36:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Mine was.  Picked the rail up from these folks:

Havlin Sales

On the tactical accessories page halfway down.  M930R-8
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 10:02:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What's that going for?  

I'm surprised it doesn't have ghost ring sites.

I just ordered it from a local shop, if you go to www.galleryofguns.com you can do a retailer search, what's cool is the retailers will have prices posted when you search a gun in the drop down menu's.  I ordered mine for $595 plus tax OTD.  I can't wait and should be in no later than Monday of next week I hope.  I'll post an AAR when I get it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 10:03:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Here's my new beast.

Just having a few issues with feeding.  Due to lip between nordic extension and factory tube.  Also might have my spring a bit too long causing too much pressure built up in magazine.

Base gun was the 930 waterfowl with matte finish.

A couple crappy cell phone pics:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/jedi26nh/IMG-20120207-00002.jpg

I am mixed when it comes to wood and plastic on my shotguns, but I have to say I like the contrast of yours, the wood looks good on that.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 10:04:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Havlin Sales

Thanks for the info on this, I didn't even think to ask if the receiver was tapped.  I'm gonna order a rail and rear peep site for mine.
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 10:22:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Havlin Sales

Thanks. I've got an itch for a 930, but I can't decide on which one to go with. Both SPX and non-SPX models have things I like and I don't like, so either way I approach this, I'll have to change/customize something. The SPX (the non-pistol gripped one) is pretty close to what I want, but I wish it had a 20" - 22" barrel instead of 18", and I'm not sure about those sights - they just look like they could easily snag on something, so I would prefer a lower profile rifle sights or even just a bead sight. I guess I could get the JM model posted earlier, but like the other poster said, I could do without the white billboard on the side of the receiver. Oh, and I'm torn between the wood and black furniture.... Maybe I should just get one of each...  
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 11:20:18 AM EDT
[#29]
There are two reasons why I didnt get an SPX.  First I need wood furniture on a shotgun and second I hate the sights.  For multiple reasons.  Also, several of the SPXs I checked out had canted sights from the factory.

The vent rib barrel was just a nice bonus with the standard 930.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 2:32:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Here's my new beast.

Start clipping the mag spring off one coil at a time until it feeds reliably.  It comes with an extra long spring that's meant to work with all extension lengths.

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 4:16:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here's my new beast.

Start clipping the mag spring off one coil at a time until it feeds reliably.  It comes with an extra long spring that's meant to work with all extension lengths.

I thought Nordic directs buyers to clip the spring down as needed???  I remember doing it but not sure where I was instructed from to do so.
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 8:26:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here's my new beast.

I thought Nordic directs buyers to clip the spring down as needed???  I remember doing it but not sure where I was instructed from to do so.

Correct, that's what I had to do too.

Link Posted: 2/9/2012 4:09:36 PM EDT
[#33]
I just purchased my first 930 SPX this fall. I have only put a few hundred rounds through it, and I love it.
I know it is not the best 3 gun shotgun, but it is what I could afford, and I will run with it and learn with it this spring and summer.

ETA: During this time I have spent the majority of my practice working on reloads. I am new to 3 gun competitions and this seems to be the area that I was losing time.
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 6:22:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I just purchased my first 930 SPX this fall. I have only put a few hundred rounds through it, and I love it.
I know it is not the best 3 gun shotgun, but it is what I could afford, and I will run with it and learn with it this spring and summer.

ETA: During this time I have spent the majority of my practice working on reloads. I am new to 3 gun competitions and this seems to be the area that I was losing time.

It's not always about cost.  All shotguns have their issues.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 4:28:28 AM EDT
[#35]
It's not always about cost.  All shotguns have their issues.[/quote]

That is what I was getting at.
For now it is exactly what I need.
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 1:09:53 PM EDT
[#36]
After seeing some pictures in this thread, I just couldn't resist the temptation anymore, so I called around and found the only 930 SPX left at my local Dick's Sporting Goods store. I headed down there and picked it up on Saturday afternoon, and as has been suggested earlier, first thing I did was break it completely down (except for taking out the trigger group out), cleaned out the packing grease (it was pretty filthy on the inside) and gave it a light coat of CLP. I decided to roll the dice and take it to a 3-gun match this morning (I don't usually take new guns straight to a match, not without sighting them in and putting a few hundred rounds through them first, but I was feeling adventurous), and I'm happy to report that the 930 didn't let me down and performed flawlessly without a single issue. Now I'm itching to get a longer barrel for it, something in the 20" - 22" range, and was wondering what's the best way to get one? Does Mossberg sell replacement barrels? The only gun that has a 22" barrel with FO sight in their line-up seems to be the JM model; what are the chances they will sell me just the barrel from it? Or should I just get a 28" VR barrel and have someone cut and thread it?
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 1:54:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Mossberg has been helping customers get the barrel they were looking for so I would call and see what they are willing to do.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 10:04:24 AM EDT
[#38]
OK so I decided on the 930 JM pro series, went to my local shop paid for it in full and now have to wait.  My local FFL called and said no one has them in stock.  I scratched my head thinking what the hell are you talking about, but she was right.  I searched everywhere for one because I'm impatient and no luck.  Sent an email to Mossberg asking if the demand was outweighing the supply and they sent a reply telling me that the Mossberg 930 JM Pro Series should be available in late March early April time frame.  Ugh the aggravation of the wait, guarantee this thing doesn't come in until the week after the 3 gun match that I'm registered for in May.  But like anything else it's a hurry up and wait.  I'll post an AAR when I get my hands on it and burn through some rounds.
Link Posted: 3/21/2012 5:37:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
OK so I decided on the 930 JM pro series, went to my local shop paid for it in full and now have to wait.  My local FFL called and said no one has them in stock.  I scratched my head thinking what the hell are you talking about, but she was right.  I searched everywhere for one because I'm impatient and no luck.  Sent an email to Mossberg asking if the demand was outweighing the supply and they sent a reply telling me that the Mossberg 930 JM Pro Series should be available in late March early April time frame.  Ugh the aggravation of the wait, guarantee this thing doesn't come in until the week after the 3 gun match that I'm registered for in May.  But like anything else it's a hurry up and wait.  I'll post an AAR when I get my hands on it and burn through some rounds.

Won't be long now, got the call that a JM arrived to my dealer on the 19th of March.
Link Posted: 3/21/2012 5:48:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Buds has them in stock, I ordered one earlier today.

EDIT: Looks like they are sold out again.
Link Posted: 3/21/2012 6:33:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Does Speedfeed make a std type stock for this gun. My speedfeed for my Maverick shortened the pull from 14.5 to around 14.1... It took care of my problem.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top