Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2009 4:59:07 PM EDT
How could a brand new gun have shit loose on it????  I am guessing the little flapper is connected to it too cuz the damn thing moves with it???  First semi auto shotgun so I need some help.
Link Posted: 2/27/2009 7:18:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
How could a brand new gun have shit loose on it????  I am guessing the little flapper is connected to it too cuz the damn thing moves with it???  First semi auto shotgun so I need some help.

It is totally normal on this model.  I don't know why they did it this way, but they all do it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2009 5:45:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Man thats messed up.
Link Posted: 2/28/2009 12:01:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah mine has a little slop to it now, not bad I just hope it doesn't get worse.  Did not notice this at gun shop, did notice the front sight was canted to the left.  Dicks would not give me a break on the price (559.00) because of this though.  Called mossberg and talked to Joe, I think, said he would ship me a new barrel.  Should have it in a week or two.
Link Posted: 2/28/2009 4:22:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I think my barrel is canted to the right(unless it is my crooked head)??? Should I ask for him????
Link Posted: 2/28/2009 9:07:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah , he was pretty cool about the whole deal.  At first he said no problem send it in and I said "I waited long time for the shotgun to come in, it will shot fine just 8" to the right of POA at 15 yds with 00 buck and the sight adjusted as far to the left as possible.  Would you just send a new barrel to me and then I can send this one back so I can get by without being without it for 3-4weeks?"  He said he had to get approval for that, after about 2 minutes he came back on the line and wanted my address.  He said he was an actual service tech and would go down and pick a barrel that had a good front sight on it and get it shipped out to me.  should have it in a week or week and half.  Now if speedfeed would get off their butts and come up with a good pistol grip stock for this model.
Link Posted: 3/21/2009 7:25:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Might want to try a sidesaddle mod.  I didn't have much play in my FCG, but with the 10-32 screws there was none.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top