Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/21/2011 7:40:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: grimhollow] [#1]
Does anybody know if these AR15 style pistol grips / stocks are available anywhere? I first saw it in the new issue of SWAT magazine, and thought it was pretty cool looking. It looks to be built really well, unlike some of the cheap stuff out there. I think I would like to get that railed fore end also. This link has a picture of what all I am talking about.

ETA: I might have answered my own question here... found this by Mesa Tactical .
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 12:29:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Question. I bought a used, looks like a police trade in 590a1 a while back and it misfires the first shell almost every time. Sent it back to mossberg and they replaced the firing pin for me. This didn't fix the problem. Anyone think it could be the trigger spring? Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/21/2012 6:50:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Just got this today, local guy by me has 3 mossberg 590's in stock. I chose this one bec I like the sights and the rails.
model # 51772  20" bbl, 9shot mag, speedfeed stock ( that's my M9 bayo, did not come with the gun )
-

-
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 3:28:53 PM EDT
[#4]
My two SPX's and friend
Link Posted: 4/24/2012 8:09:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bruzz123] [#5]
lots of info.  i'm a bit confused.  i have a 590 and i'm almost certain it's a 590a1.  PARKERIZED, 9 rd total capacity, it came with the speed stock, bead, heat shield and bayo lug.  but i know my mossberg does take 2 3/4 and 3 inch ammo.  but links above only mention 3" ammo.

the serial number is T196619,  any ideas?

I'm asking this because i'm thinking about buying -> http://www.advantagetactical.com/store/mossberg-sight.html and i wanna make sure this will work with my configuration.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 6:16:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Black-Tiger] [#6]

My old Mossy 590A1 (51660-0); I miss her; now i want to get the 6-shot version, which my buddy has.
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 8:38:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I recently got a 590 A1 (51663) it's parkerized. Love this bad boy.
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 11:54:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RumbleTruck] [#8]
A couple of Mossbergs that show the difference between the regular barrel and the Heavy Wall Barrel. Top is a 590, bottom is a 590A1 (I'll try and figure out models and 18.5" or 20" barrels later). Bottom Pic - HWB is on right. Apologies for the cruddy cell phone pics.

Link Posted: 11/30/2012 1:17:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Guntoter] [#9]
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Mossberg 500 Chainsaw, model 50460.  18.5" breacher barrel, 12 gauge cylinder bore with pistol grip and best of all, the chainsaw handle on a tri rail forearm.  It's teh awesome!

ETA: Have the new Mossberg Chainsaw case and also a Mossberg Chainsaw sling.  Already had the UTG light/laser.

Link Posted: 12/2/2012 10:56:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Started as a Mossberg 500A Combo gun from walmart and threw the slug barrel on, gave it a make over and here it is...

Before:

After

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 8:47:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Several questions on the 51523 for anyone that has one...

1) Is the buffer-tube / "receiver extension" commercial or milspec?  Can it be replaced with a milspec tube if I wanted to swap to a CTR or SOPMOD, etc?

2) Is there a fixed stock option?

Thank you kindly.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:45:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By bruzz123:
lots of info.  i'm a bit confused.  i have a 590 and i'm almost certain it's a 590a1.  PARKERIZED, 9 rd total capacity, it came with the speed stock, bead, heat shield and bayo lug.  but i know my mossberg does take 2 3/4 and 3 inch ammo.  but links above only mention 3" ammo.

the serial number is T196619,  any ideas?

I'm asking this because i'm thinking about buying -> http://www.advantagetactical.com/store/mossberg-sight.html and i wanna make sure this will work with my configuration.

A1's didnt come with heat shields.  Look on the left face of the receiver

Originally Posted By Black-Tiger:
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/Sablelieger/Weapons/Meandmy590A1.jpg

My old Mossy 590A1 (51660-0); I miss her; now i want to get the 6-shot version, which my buddy has.

Model 51660 comes with a bead front sight.  The ghost ring model # is different
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 11:02:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lowside] [#13]
I didn't see this listed.  I just picked up a Mossberg 500 #52134 in 12 gauge.  It has a matte finish, 13" LOP, 18.5" barrel, 6 shot and bead sight.

http://gunvillage.com/media/catalog/product/5/2/52134.jpg

Link Posted: 3/12/2013 11:26:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Borrowed a friends moss berg 500 for a weekend at the cabin.  It had an 18 inch-ish barrel, cyl choke, bead sight and magazine tube that ran the length of the barrel. It looked like a police edition. It only held 5 shells with one in the chamber, 2 3/4 inch. I can't find that modle on there website, what gives? Does anyone know about it? There lowest capacity is 6 shot,I'm confused.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 1:04:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By WARxMACHINEm2:
Question. I bought a used, looks like a police trade in 590a1 a while back and it misfires the first shell almost every time. Sent it back to mossberg and they replaced the firing pin for me. This didn't fix the problem. Anyone think it could be the trigger spring? Thanks.

Any light strike marks on the primer and is it only the first round everytime?

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 1:09:42 PM EDT
[#16]
should post pics of my 590A1

Mall Ninja steup.....

but my love for wood furniture over took me......

so much more user friendly this way
Link Posted: 3/27/2013 8:09:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By XD45ACP:
[...]

Man!  I really, really like that!  What furniture set is that?  Name or model number?
Link Posted: 3/28/2013 8:51:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By N2CH_556:
[...]

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z137/RugerDuger/DSC02443.jpg

Man!  I really, really like that!  What furniture set is that?  Name or model number?

X2 that is awesome!!!!
Link Posted: 4/6/2013 7:39:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: XD45ACP] [#19]
Originally Posted By pennsylvaniaboy:
Originally Posted By N2CH_556:
[...]

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z137/RugerDuger/DSC02443.jpg

X2 that is awesome!!!!

Actually not sure lol... It's just a Mossberg 500 set I ran across on EBay... Got it for around $45 I believe... New condition.

Link Posted: 4/6/2013 8:09:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By grimhollow:
Does anybody know if these AR15 style pistol grips / stocks are available anywhere? I first saw it in the new issue of SWAT magazine, and thought it was pretty cool looking. It looks to be built really well, unlike some of the cheap stuff out there. I think I would like to get that railed fore end also. This link has a picture of what all I am talking about.

ETA: I might have answered my own question here... found this by Mesa Tactical .

Link Posted: 5/7/2013 5:31:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Toothpicksandkatchup] [#21]
Not mine..I just have a plain 590a1 bead sight 6 shooter...but this is super nice!

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 9:12:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Will this fit on the 590a1.     http://mesatactical.com/products/push-button-sling-swivel-for-moss-500-12-ga/
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 7:13:52 PM EDT
[#23]
I am new to the shotgun arena. I just bought a Mossberg 590A1 (51660). It came with a front bead sight. I would like to put a set of sights on it that includes a rear sight and I also like the idea of a strap on the fore end like I saw in a post earlier in this thread. My questions: what are my best options for sights and where is the best place to find these items? Thanks in advance for any help.

Dave
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 7:57:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Toothpicksandkatchup] [#24]
I believe Aimpro has some Ghost rings that get good reviews...there is another that is escaping me right now..
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 2:47:55 AM EDT
[#25]
I have a quick question to ask. I just purchased my first shotgun (Albeit, with many researches ranging from IAC Hawker to Weatherby PA-459 to even the Buds ASI Pasimax, one thing for sure was, where can I get replacement parts should something go south? What aftermarket support do they sport? and availability of aftermarkets that does not require some form of gunsmithing. I've heard of Mossberg before and have heard of their exact track records, but what the local dealers were asking for, I couldn't bite the bullet....until today, CTD has them for $269 w/ free ship and just ordered knowing I get quality gun...now to the question --> )

This is the one I ordered, but could not find much info on Mossberg website http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/GUN-521#  (If link does not work, Mossberg 500 Home Defense Pump Action Shotgun 12 Gauge 18.5" Barrel 5 Rounds Synthetic Short Stock Matte Black Finish Bead Sight TALO Mfgr # Mossberg 52134)
Can anyone provide me with some details such as, which family of 500's does this one belong to? I could not find it on there site. One thing I do notice is the shorter stock instead of full stock.....for a 5'2" guy, I think that would be my preferred. Also, the title states TALO and from what research I've done, its a distributor and that doesn't say much as to why it's in the title.

Also, I under chrome line barrels are ideal for rifled barrels, but just for info sake, are the 500 barrels chrome lined?

Thanks for the input, I am excited to get it regardless and believe I have made a right investment..................... I hope....
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 5:13:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Soisauss:
I have a quick question to ask. I just purchased my first shotgun (Albeit, with many researches ranging from IAC Hawker to Weatherby PA-459 to even the Buds ASI Pasimax, one thing for sure was, where can I get replacement parts should something go south? What aftermarket support do they sport? and availability of aftermarkets that does not require some form of gunsmithing. I've heard of Mossberg before and have heard of their exact track records, but what the local dealers were asking for, I couldn't bite the bullet....until today, CTD has them for $269 w/ free ship and just ordered knowing I get quality gun...now to the question --> )

This is the one I ordered, but could not find much info on Mossberg website http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/GUN-521#  (If link does not work, Mossberg 500 Home Defense Pump Action Shotgun 12 Gauge 18.5" Barrel 5 Rounds Synthetic Short Stock Matte Black Finish Bead Sight TALO Mfgr # Mossberg 52134)
Can anyone provide me with some details such as, which family of 500's does this one belong to? I could not find it on there site. One thing I do notice is the shorter stock instead of full stock.....for a 5'2" guy, I think that would be my preferred. Also, the title states TALO and from what research I've done, its a distributor and that doesn't say much as to why it's in the title.

Also, I under chrome line barrels are ideal for rifled barrels, but just for info sake, are the 500 barrels chrome lined?

Thanks for the input, I am excited to get it regardless and believe I have made a right investment..................... I hope....
View Quote

I am super confuse by the initial paragraph. However no the barrel is not CL. I'll assume it belongs to the 500 series, possible the 'special purpose' (opposed to the 590 and 590A1 series). You'll have to find out how it feels when you shoulder it, of not cut it down or look at youth stocks.
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 2:03:02 PM EDT
[#27]
I just did a simple search on Yahoo, using, " Talo Mossberg Model 52134 ",  and found numerous sites that carry that model.  It seems that $269.  is a very nice price, compared to the MSRP of $395..
Plus from the different sites that give dimensions, it comes with a LOP of 12.75", and a CYC Bore barrel.

All in all, I'd say it is a nice buy.  And you are correct, you can get most of the replacement parts direct from Mossberg.  Not too sure about the Bolt.
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 4:59:59 PM EDT
[#28]

Anyone know were to get this stock and forearm?
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 9:13:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Kurt04:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kurt04:

It's from an older model 500.
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 11:36:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Toothpicksandkatchup:

I am super confuse by the initial paragraph. However no the barrel is not CL. I'll assume it belongs to the 500 series, possible the 'special purpose' (opposed to the 590 and 590A1 series). You'll have to find out how it feels when you shoulder it, of not cut it down or look at youth stocks.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Soisauss:

The initial paragraph was me researching different brands of shotguns that I have searched and only a one has any aftermarket support (IAC HAWk 870 Clone) and came to the realization that I needed a shotgun that has easy access to parts as well a aftermarket parts, it's just a little rant.... lol don't mind it.
It is a 500 series, just not the 500 series I would find on mossberg website :/

Originally Posted By 1NAVYCHIEF-RET:
I just did a simple search on Yahoo, using, " Talo Mossberg Model 52134 ",  and found numerous sites that carry that model.  It seems that $269.  is a very nice price, compared to the MSRP of $395..
Plus from the different sites that give dimensions, it comes with a LOP of 12.75", and a CYC Bore barrel.

All in all, I'd say it is a nice buy.  And you are correct, you can get most of the replacement parts direct from Mossberg.  Not too sure about the Bolt.

I guess my search skills is slacking lolol Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/25/2013 5:06:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Any idea on how/where to get a six-shot with the 20-inch bead-sighted heavy (590A1) type barrel (other than enlisting). No.: 50479?

...how long are these barrels and how do we get one (or even the whole shotgun)?

Link Posted: 11/25/2013 6:05:09 AM EDT
[#32]
My guess is you can't purchase that. What you could do is get a six shot model and throw a 20" barrel if you really wanted to..but then again maybe you can acquire that model number somewhere but I doubt it.

The ones below appear to be 17" barrels.
Link Posted: 11/26/2013 3:37:20 AM EDT
[#33]
My guess is you can't purchase that. What you could do is get a six shot model and throw a 20" barrel...
View Quote

Thats what I was figuring too, just add the 20-inch barrel for a six-shot tube onto an 18.5-inch 590A1, but where to get such a barrel?  
Link Posted: 11/26/2013 4:06:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By ch139:

Thats what I was figuring too, just add the 20-inch barrel for a six-shot tube onto an 18.5-inch 590A1, but where to get such a barrel?  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ch139:
My guess is you can't purchase that. What you could do is get a six shot model and throw a 20" barrel...

I believe you can purchase 590a1 barrels directly from Mossberg. Sounds like it's about $85-$125 with GR sights.

Mossberg Sales
(800) 363-3555
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 8:27:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Is there a 16" (± 1/2") 590(or A1) barrel available?
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 9:43:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1NAVYCHIEF-RET] [#36]
Originally Posted by Kurt04:
Is there a 16" (± 1/2") 590(or A1) barrel available?
View Quote

I really don't even know if Mossberg makes a 16" 590A1 barrel.  I didn't even know they made those 17" barrels, until I saw the pics in the above posts.  But give Mossberg's CS a call at 1-800-363-3555 and ask.

A 16" 590A1 barrel would put your shotgun in the realm of either SBS with stock, or if it came as a PGO Model, and you keep the overall length over 26.5", depending on your States Law's, you could make it a Non-NFA Other,

similar to what they show on the shockwavetechnologies.com web site.

Link Posted: 3/4/2014 9:26:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Mossberg 590 is a sweet shotgun.....

I am trying to decide between the 590A1 SPX and the 930 SPX right now.....
Will be used for home defense and maybe 3 gun in the future.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 3:23:01 PM EDT
[#38]

Picture 2 & 3 appear to be 18.5" bbls, right? Mossberg model # 51411
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 12:47:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tsg68] [#39]
[b]Originally Posted By AstraPat

Picture 2 & 3 appear to be 18.5" bbls, right? Mossberg model # 51411
View Quote

Those barrels are 17" military contract barrels, US Navy contract, mostly shipboard service weapons. The Navy contracts specified what is now the standard 590A1 heavy barrel to survive contact with steel bulkheads and hatchways.

Mossberg model 50479 is actually a 500M MILS model, the military contract predecessor  to the 590A1. It meets all of the 590A1 specs including metal trigger group, safety and heavy barrel with cleanout mag tube but is marked 500MILS on reciever. This Model was a civilian release of a military contract overrun. The government agreed to allow Mossberg to sell these shotguns to the public on the stipulation that they added an "A" to the "US" serial number prefix so that it read "USAXXXX". I believe these first went on sale in 1997. For awhile you could find these NIB for around $300 but they are becoming a collectable example of a true contract model and I saw one go for $550 used locally about 1.5 years ago. Notice on the box it says "M500 USA" for model.

The sequence of military evolution for the 500/590 series guns goes back to the 500 ATP guns (A=12 gauge, T=Tactical, P=Police) which were wood stocked variations on the 500A culminating in an 8+1 shot model with the bayonet lug and mag tube cap. Next was the 500 MILS which was a standard 500 A 20" with standard 5+1 mag tube and barrel wall of the 500A and, either wood or synthetic furniture however with the new spec metal safety and trigger group. Then the 500M MILS which was the 500 MILS with the addition of the heavy barrel and the mag tube and cap that would become standard on the 590A1.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:28:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combatcanine0508] [#40]
About 10 years ago I bought a Mossberg 590A1 LEO VangComp with a 18.5 barrel

It shoots tight patterns and the porting helps to get back on target surprisingly fast.

I like how everything on this weapon is robust, oversized.

My brother has a Mossberg 9200A1 LEO Jungle Gun he bought around early 2000's.

It also is the more robust version of that model with heavy barrel and mag tube, it has a 20 inch barrel if I remember right..

I really like the fact that the 9200 can take a side folding stock that makes storage and transporting it easy.

Down side to the 9200 is the short mag tube it only takes 5 rounds that includes 1 in the chamber.

The 9200 jungle was designed to us reduced recoil rounds so it eats any and everything you load it up with

Does anyone know if any company makes a plus two mag adapter?

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 5:13:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RamblinWreck] [#41]
My first post in this forum... off to pick up a 590A1 US Service model #50676 20" 9 shot parkerized. A black shotgun to go with me black rifles, as it were. Good for uppity crowd control, ya know. Pics when I get back later...
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 2:17:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1NAVYCHIEF-RET] [#42]

I decided to post this pic of my 20" Mossberg 590A1 here, to show that you can put a Mossberg Heat Shield on a Heavy 590A1 Barrel.

And also to show the Numrich Wood Forearm & Butt Stock.

On the Butt Stock, I believe the 554810A & B models are the same, The Forearm 561020A for a Standard 12GA. Barrel & 561020B for a Heavy 590A1 Barrel

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/ad/554770.htm#561020A

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/ad/554770.htm#554810A

The Mossberg 590A1 Heat Shield for the Heavy 20" Barrel. and can be Ordered Direct from Mossberg's CS at 800-363-3555,

and the Part Number & Nomenclature is:  16335P - Parkerized Heat Shield Heavy,  Cost is $38 plus Shipping.

I Made the other following change's:

Follower from GG&G
Safety from Vang Comp
Mossberg Weaver Rail
Texas Weapon Systems, Ghost Ring Rear Sight (originally made for the AK47)

I have been asked many times in the past couple of years where I got the Wood Stock & Forearm for my 590A1.  This is why I posted this here.

Link Posted: 12/12/2016 7:56:57 PM EDT
[#43]
So any word/reviews on 590A1 Model 50774 with the accu-choke system?
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 7:19:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By promiseofwar:
So any word/reviews on 590A1 Model 50774 with the accu-choke system?
View Quote
Interested in that model as well.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:27:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Recently picked up a used 590A1, not sure of model#.
Ran 100 rounds through it yesterday, its a shooter!
Just need a sling now.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 11:42:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EarlB] [#46]
I'll post some pics tonight, but what on earth did I buy (Model Number wise)?  I'm not sure if it is a regular production gun or was a custom order.  To begin with, it is a 20" 590 Special Purpose (It is NOT a 590A1 as the safety and trigger housing are not metal), parkerized finish with ghost ring sights (rear sight has Mossberg on it).  Front sight is the blade with bright orange back for contrast.  It is 8+1 capacity, bayonet lug, left side just has the S# (can't remember it exactly I'm at work and it's at home but believe it started with R and then a number).  It has a Speedfeed stock and heat shield which from what I've read the heat shields don't normally come on GRS shotguns.  From what I can tell, this heat shield is original to the gun - parkerized, stamped on top with the chamber info 12ga 2-3/4" and 3", Mossberg Warning label and New Haven CT location info (so does not appear to be after market).  It also has a side saddle.  I think it was a police trade in gun as it had a name tag on the left side of the stock (removed because my name isn't Taylor).  

Thanks,
Earl
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 3:13:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Where are the retro models!!!?????
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 1:18:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: doc_Zox] [#48]

OST
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 1:15:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Mod 1

I chopped down a magpul mlok paraclip sling mount and fit it to the rear of the bayonet lug

Link Posted: 2/11/2022 2:52:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top