Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 1/2/2017 11:36:47 PM EDT
Got to play with an FNX-9 at a local gun shop earlier today.

Combination decocker/safety drove me nuts.  Neither I nor my daughter could reliably drop the safety without also dropping the hammer.

Other than the decocker, I think it would be a pretty slick sidearm with the flat backstrap installed.  Does anyone make an SAO conversion?  Any way to make the decocker harder to accidentally trigger?
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 12:00:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a FNX 40 it hasn't been an issue for me and I love the pistol 
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 2:57:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a FNP 45, it hasn't been an issue for me.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 11:00:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Got to play with an FNX-9 at a local gun shop earlier today.

Combination decocker/safety drove me nuts.  Neither I nor my daughter could reliably drop the safety without also dropping the hammer.

Other than the decocker, I think it would be a pretty slick sidearm with the flat backstrap installed.  Does anyone make an SAO conversion?  Any way to make the decocker harder to accidentally trigger?
View Quote

Practice with it.  I've never had an issue on my -45T.  To each their own, but I'd never get rid of a decocker if I had one.

Additionally, no.  No one makes a SAO conversion.  The FN triggers are a complicated clusterf*ck.  Apex had originally taunted with a trigger kit but nothing came to fruition.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 2:52:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys, nobody in the family could manipulate the safety without accidentally decocking.  Ended up buying a CZ P-07 instead.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 10:52:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks guys, nobody in the family could manipulate the safety without accidentally decocking.  Ended up buying a CZ P-07 instead.
View Quote

Maybe there was an issue with the gun you tried. The safety on my FNX45T is pretty positive, so I haven't had any issue with it. That said the detent for the safety/decocker on my USP45T is much stronger.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 11:15:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Not a bad choice.  CZ's are always great.  Good luck, have fun, and be safe!
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 1:27:26 AM EDT
[#7]
There is an article over on the FN forum on how to disable the decocker. Requires some FNP parts if I remember right.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top