Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 10/17/2016 5:26:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 2:47:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I just received my Blackhawk Serpa holster for my 5.7 MKII, yes I said for my MKII.

The GOOD news...

The fit is typical Serpa, solid feel, solid retention. FAST draw. As with other Serpa models it is modular and can be configured as a duty holster, a thigh holster, and a belt holster.

NOW the BAD news...

Blackhawk only produced 300 units for the MKII (and apparently discontinued the USG model). The Five Seven Serpa is no longer in production, the last Five Seven Serpa I purchased (USG model) I paid $20.00 for. I had to purchase this one off of eBay for $119.00 and by the time you read this he is probably out of them.

The MKII Serpa is clearly marked REV D on the back of the holster

Why in the hell Blackhawk would go to the expense of manufacturing a mold for the MKII and only manufacture 300 units is beyond me.
View Quote

Good grief that is some first rate BS for them only to produce 300 units for the MK II! I had a USG a few years ago and wanted to upgrade to a MK II, but unfortunately there was no Five Seven SERPA that FIT the MK II at that time. Ultimately I ended up selling the gun not because I didn't love it, but because I had fears that sooner or later it would up being discontinued, or that I'd would be unable to get basic things for it (like a SERPA holster) in the future.

IAre you certain that the SERPA for the MKII has been discontinued? I feel your pain...I cannot understand why they would go to the considerable expense of molding a new holster for the MKII if they were only going to make 300 of them? Blackhawk is weird like that sometimes--they still have SERPA holsters available for Caracal pistols somehow, yet nothing to be found for Beretta M9A1s/92s with rails, and now they've just done this.

Perhaps it might be worthwhile to check out the USG model SERPA you have and try to see where the differences are in its dimensions from the MK II SERPA you got off Ebay?

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 10:49:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 10:55:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 11:25:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 1:27:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 12:39:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 11:55:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey guys, I am not sure if its against any rules to post this but Palmetto State Armory has serpas in stock and the revew for them says they fir MK2 variants. They are about $20. Hope this helps some of you guys out. Here is the link.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 6:08:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:25:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Damn it! I guess my buddy is getting a new holster for his USG...

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I took a chance and ordered one, it was a Revision "C" I received. Fits only USG models.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey guys, I am not sure if its against any rules to post this but Palmetto State Armory has serpas in stock and the revew for them says they fir MK2 variants. They are about $20. Hope this helps some of you guys out. Here is the link.

I took a chance and ordered one, it was a Revision "C" I received. Fits only USG models.

Link Posted: 12/15/2016 5:51:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Can't you just heat the Rev C holster a little and insert your pistol wrapped in a thin sock and stretch it a little?   Kydex usually can be reheated and stretched.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 11:24:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top