Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2016 6:01:48 PM EDT
I've only shot three mags through it, but I like it so far. Can't wait to polish the trigger bar to see if I can remove some of the stacking. Nice gun though. It's very much a non-Glock Glock.

I wound up with the 4" one, because that's what Quantico Tactical had in stock. I would have liked the 5" version with the flag engraved, but I didn't know if I could find a holster for it.

Who else has one that they like?
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:55:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I really miss my old FNS9, and kick myself constantly for ever letting it slip from my grasp. Fortunately, I was able to recently get my hands on an FNS40 with Trijicon night sights which I like just as well. I would have preferred another 9mm simply for the fact that I have far more 9mm ammo socked back, but the deal on the 40 was too good to pass up. If you're hands are a bit on the larger side, and you are used to shooting Glocks, try this: Install the larger blackstrap insert, and add a slip on Hogue rubber grip sleeve with finger grooves. It gives the pistol a very hand filling, solid feel. Congrats on a great pistol.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:58:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I love mine.I won it on Grab a Gun .com a year ago it has become my 9mm CCW.Great gun.Where did you find out about polishing the Trigger Bar.Ive put close to a 1000 Rds thru it know hiccups
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 1:14:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Love mine. I don't know why they aren't more popular. It's like a Glock without all the shitty Glock Glockness.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 11:41:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Love mine. I don't know why they aren't more popular. It's like a Glock without all the shitty Glock Glockness.
View Quote

Probably because of the close to $50 per mag price. Glock mags can be had for half or less. I like stock piling mags for my pistols and rifles and mag prices are a concern to me.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 10:02:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I love mine.I won it on Grab a Gun .com a year ago it has become my 9mm CCW.Great gun.Where did you find out about polishing the Trigger Bar.Ive put close to a 1000 Rds thru it know hiccups
View Quote

If you search for FNS-9 trigger job, you can find a thread here and posted elsewhere about a guy who got his down to ~5 lbs.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 12:09:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Geez, my Surefire X300 just barely fits on the rail.  I took my Inforce APL off my Glock and didn't bother to switch the adapter to Picatinny, but that seems to fit better.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:22:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Probably because of the close to $50 per mag price. Glock mags can be had for half or less. I like stock piling mags for my pistols and rifles and mag prices are a concern to me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Fn comes with 3 mags and costs $100 less than a Gen 4 G17 or G19 so mag price may not be a deal breaker to most.
I found 2 Fn9s mags for $21 each on eBay.  Yes, I got lucky but with some patience you can do well.

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 11:45:19 PM EDT
[#8]
High Plains Gunshop had them on sale for $29.00. I bought three more.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 9:06:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The Fn comes with 3 mags and costs $100 less than a Gen 4 G17 or G19 so mag price may not be a deal breaker to most.
I found 2 Fn9s mags for $21 each on eBay.  Yes, I got lucky but with some patience you can do well.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

how, eBay only allows 10rd or less
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 10:08:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, forgot to mention I live in a ban state.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 10:12:57 AM EDT
[#11]
I have owned a couple, love them. At the time none was selling accessories for them though so I let them go.

I'll tell you what before you start messing with the trigger put a 1,000 or so rounds through it. They really break in on their own quite nicely.

I sold one to a friend that has used it heavily and let's people use it for his LTC class. Super want it back now.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 7:50:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'll tell you what before you start messing with the trigger put a 1,000 or so rounds through it. They really break in on their own quite nicely.
View Quote

This is correct.  Takeup if done slowly is still messy and gritty, but, in reality, no one will have slow takeup in a competition or in a defensive situation anyways and this is not designed to be a target pistol, although mine is supremely accurate.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 9:33:57 AM EDT
[#13]
I want some new sights.  I have the FN night sights, which are pretty good, but I'd rather have something like the Ameriglo Glock Protector sights or similar.

What's FN's dovetail spec?  I hope that some other sights are compatible with them, as the choices aren't great, from what I've seen.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 4:49:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I want some new sights.  I have the FN night sights, which are pretty good, but I'd rather have something like the Ameriglo Glock Protector sights or similar.

What's FN's dovetail spec?  I hope that some other sights are compatible with them, as the choices aren't great, from what I've seen.
View Quote

here are some for $20 on clearance at CDNN
ameriglo's
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 11:12:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:11:13 PM EDT
[#16]
If they had yellow rears, I'd be on them like Rosie O'Donnell on a baked ham.

I've really started not liking green/green night sights.  With no depth perception in the dark, it's hard to tell which one is your front sight.

My current sight crush is on Ameriglo's UC sights for their Glocks.  Absolute love, awesome price.  I'm planning on calling them to ask if they'd do a run for the FNS.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 1:47:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I did the same thing today got offered a smoking deal
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 11:52:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Mine arrived at the shop today.  I'm not into striker fired guns but this one works for me.  Its going to get stippled and cerakoted for my gunsmiths portfolio, so I'll have some sick pics of it when thats all done.  I cannot fathom why this gun isn't more popular, it does everything a G17 does, but just feels better.

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 6:59:07 AM EDT
[#19]
FYI MidwestGunWorks is blowing out complete slide assemblies.  I just got a complete stainless upper in 9mm with night sights for $230 shipped to slap onto my FNS-9L
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:19:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
FYI MidwestGunWorks is blowing out complete slide assemblies.  I just got a complete stainless upper in 9mm with night sights for $230 shipped to slap onto my FNS-9L
View Quote

I wish they had the sale on the 9L versions. Want to get rid of yours?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 6:20:06 AM EDT
[#21]
LOL, no.  Yeah, $369 is a bit much for a complete slide with standard sights.  FNS-9L complete slide
I bought my FNS-9L from grabagun.  It was the last one they had in stock so I got it for $465 shipped and it had a rebate offer for a free range bag from FN.  I sold the bag for $60, so I got the gun for $405, LOL
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:15:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Pucked one up at Academy on clearance for 179

Too good to pass up
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:04:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Too good to pass up
View Quote

what was $179?

No way it was an FNS-9 for that
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 11:04:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

what was $179?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too good to pass up

what was $179?

He's not lying. I went into my local Academy and the employees had bought all of those as soon as the clearance price was given to them.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 8:47:42 AM EDT
[#25]
So they took that big of a loss on them?  Unreal
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 11:24:09 PM EDT
[#26]
I'd miss a rent payment for one at $179, that like buying three mags and getting the gun for $60.

Link Posted: 2/25/2017 7:00:33 AM EDT
[#27]
I just bought a FNS-9 standard and love it!  Honestly I've never been a fan of the looks, but it's grown on me.  It fits the hand nice, shoots really accurate, and I like the large front sight and "U" groove shape rear sight.  I got a deal on it and it has a safety which I'm not fond of.  I watched a vid on youtube showing disassembly so I may eventually just remove the safety all together.  I still love my glocks for the simplicity of them, but this gun is really growing on me.  They are very impressive guns for sure.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 12:08:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Love my FNS pistols.

I got to 20k trigger reps on my FNS-9L (11k live fire / 9k dry fire) before my first parts failure the other day - the trigger reset had been getting really really soft for a few weeks, finally broke down the striker assembly and found the striker return spring had destroyed its self and was about 1/3 its original length. The gun still worked - sometimes you would have to manually reset the trigger.

Got a hold of FNH and sent that one, plus my 4" 9 back for some TLC (the 4" is around 17k trigger reps and the reset is noticeably weaker than on my almost brand new 40L)

Ok now that my fawning is over... Maybe you guys can help me out.

I've been shooting these things for years and over the last 2 weeks I've developed the nasty habit of disconnecting the magazine during reloads/draws - I cannot recreate this failure with dry fire - it's physically impossible for me to get my fingers on the mag release from what I can tell - yet somehow with recoil impulse/duress of the timer + live fire I cause these malfunctions?? I've managed to do this previously with a P30L LEM and even a Witness Match.

What I'm looking for is solutions - currently I'm turning over my holster selection, as they are kind of poorly designed and DON'T cover the mag release on either side - this is the most logical and almost the only thing I can think of (neither my P30L or Witness holster covered the mag release either) But That still leaves me confused as to how I've cause this malf right after a reload (only once after a reload thankfully).....

The next measure I'm taking is to get some Houge Handall grips - thinking maybe the additional offset will protect the mag release from my brutish gross motor movements on the timer, and the ONLY other thing I can think of is bubba-ing the mag releases by sanding them down more flush (I really don't) want to do that)

Anyone have any thoughts/input/similar experience? This is really freaking me out......All these rounds down range and never had this issue once, then in the last two weeks I've disconnected the mag on two different FNS pistols at least once every hundred rounds.

Pic related, my babies - I've actually reduced/eliminated most of the talon grips as this problem started more or less when I installed them, but now persists after removing most of the coverage, I'm so confused.

EDIT: I'm pretty lanky with long thin fingers, not sure if that's relevant.
EDIT2: it seems this guy: Fellow FNSaddict was able to diagnose what was going on better than me - if these houge grips don't alleviate the issue I'm going full bubba mode.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 11:21:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Rotate this pistol very slightly left to right and back again.  The front sight moves more than the rear sight.  Very simple.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:45:21 PM EDT
[#30]
I have a 5" I'll sell you. Let me know if you're interested.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:18:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Anyone have any thoughts/input/similar experience?
View Quote
FN makes a low profile mag release, call and inquire.  Also, for a holster.  I use a Safariland 578 GLS in long for my FNS-9L.  I have a video about it on Youtube.  My screen name there is Snake Doc
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top